2006 ducato - Clutch Slipping (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The van is in at Thames Fiat to have the clutch looked at. It started slipping on the way to the Golden Lion meet and started again on the way home. Fortunately its still under warrantee and should be back by the weekend.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
So where do you live Dave when your house is in for repair:whatthe:
Geo

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
With Edwina - moved in now

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
That was either a stroke of luck or a good bit of forward planning,
does that make you our very first part time fulltimer:RollEyes:
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
8.gif
Try laying off the drag starts with the Corsa crowd Dave:roflmto::roflmto:

24.gif
It will be load music systems next:winky:

Last edited:
E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

I would be interested to know the outcome, as my 2005 2.8JTD has a lot of travel on the clutch pedal, the clutch dosen't slip but you have to bring the pedal nearly up to the top before it engages, and i have a fear that one day it will start to slip, or is this pedal travel normal ??

Brian

The van is in at Thames Fiat to have the clutch looked at. It started slipping on the way to the Golden Lion meet and started again on the way home. Fortunately its still under warrantee and should be back by the weekend.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my 2001 ducato 2.8 td? had some gearbox work done professionally last year.
when i bought it i noticed the slightest bit of pedal movment and it started to slip.
the "professional" fitters had left no freeplay in the cable:whatthe:. backed it off a couple of turns. problem solved:thumb:

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi, I think mine works on hydraulic pressure rather than a cable ?? so there is no adjustment ?? but I'm not sure

my 2001 ducato 2.8 td? had some gearbox work done professionally last year.
when i bought it i noticed the slightest bit of pedal movment and it started to slip.
the "professional" fitters had left no freeplay in the cable:whatthe:. backed it off a couple of turns. problem solved:thumb:

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,
I have just confirmed on the link I have given in the post regarding "Fiat Parts", that my clutch in operated hydraulically.

Its a great link if you have a Fiat have a look at the link

Hi, I think mine works on hydraulic pressure rather than a cable ?? so there is no adjustment ?? but I'm not sure

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Its Back - UPDATE

Just picked the van up from Thames Fiat in Slough. They fitted a new clutch under warrantee. The problem was caused by a big rubber bung that had become trapped between the pedal and the box. This stopped the clutch operating fully, and explains why the gear change was notchy. As the clutch didnt disengage fully, it was spinning in the flywheel, wearing away - same symptoms as riding the clutch. 10/10 to Thames Fiat for sorting it all out. Saved me £780. Christmas is back on :beer::yeah:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,
I have just confirmed on the link I have given in the post regarding "Fiat Parts", that my clutch in operated hydraulically.

Its a great link if you have a Fiat have a look at the link

hi brian, i'v never looked under the bonnet of anything newer than mine but i should have realised they would catch up with the rest of the world eventually.::bigsmile:

john

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just picked the van up from Thames Fiat in Slough. They fitted a new clutch under warrantee. The problem was caused by a big rubber bung that had become trapped between the pedal and the box. This stopped the clutch operating fully, and explains why the gear change was notchy. As the clutch didnt disengage fully, it was spinning in the flywheel, wearing away - same symptoms as riding the clutch. 10/10 to Thames Fiat for sorting it all out. Saved me £780. Christmas is back on :beer::yeah:

those big rubber bungs...................always in the damned way:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back