2006 Damon Dead (1 Viewer)

S

Spill........

Deleted User
Hi Guys and Gals

It's been a while I know, and this is probably a long shot but my RV is dead,

Just after Christmas started engine and it died after a couple of seconds and then wouldn't turn over thought it was either seized or starter motor faulty,

now the warmer weather is with us :RollEyes: I decided to diagnose the fault, basically the fuse F1.5 that powers the PCM(ECU), fuel pump relay, a/c clutch relay, intake tuning valve and MAF sensor blows when I turn the ignition on, using a workshop manual I've isolated the fault to the power to the PCM looking at the schematics this then goes unfused to allsorts of things, I've continuity tested the pins on the ECU that take the power but they seem to go to earth which I'm guessing is where the dead short is but thats as far as I can go with my limited knowledge and that may be normal, does anyone have any suggestions as to what else to try other than buying a new ecu from the states and see if that cures the problem.

I have tried to find a company in the UK that may be able to test it but again I've failed :Sad:

Cheers,
Pete

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Pete

If you haven't already done so, it might be worth chewing it over with Dave Evans at Dave's Motorhomes in Cannock (not too far from you) 07968 429111.

Cheers
Linda

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
might also be worth chewing it over with your resident mouse.....anythings possible and they seem a bit partial to wires.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
damon dead

It's possible that you have a burnt out ignition switch, is it an 8.1 vortec workhorse chassis? If you have a p30 type chassis (with coil spring front suspension) they are prone to this, the switch is on the back of the steering column approx six inches above floor level and is green in colour. On the other hand if you have a ford chassis they don't have this problem.
Dunc.

OP
OP
S

Spill........

Deleted User
Cheers for the replys, have spoken with and tried everything Dave has suggested,

mice no signs :Smile: it was too cold

no its the Ford F-53 I have traced everything back and it's definitely the PCM power relay pins 35/36 from the ecu that blows the fuse.

Fuse-F1-5sm.jpg

175b_ConnectorFacesm.jpg

This is whats also connected,

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
See below

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Spill........

Deleted User
OK 1million percent ECU :thumb:

Anyone know where I can buy one cheap :Smile: or someone that might have a spare one that doesn't need it ::bigsmile: long shot again I know

Last edited by a moderator:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
OK 1million percent ECU :thumb:

Anyone know where I can buy one cheap :) or someone that might have a spare one that doesn't need it ::bigsmile: long shot again I know

Dave Whiles
WestMidland American Vehicles
Cannock

sorry, lost his card but its an easy Google search.

OP
OP
S

Spill........

Deleted User
Cheers mate tried them, I was just after a few further options.

I can actually see their office from my office :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have a look online for 'ECU re-mappers.'

they normally test first so if it is shot they wont do anything with it.
cheaper than a new one.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Pete

Before you do anything drastic, give James a bell at work, he may be able to help.
01608 812438.

Cheers
Linda

OP
OP
S

Spill........

Deleted User
Cheers Linda I'll speak to James today.

Also had this email yesterday from my Damon dealer in the US

I have some more info from the Ford tech dept. When changing the PCM you must download the programming from the old PCM and Flash the new PCM. This has to be done with the PCM installed in the vehicle. You would have to find a certified dealer to perform this task. This is something you would want to inquire about before purchasing a new PCM

Can anyone confirm or deny this statement before I part with cash, as the pcm is fried it's impossible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back