• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

2005 Fiat Ducato SWB van for sale, possible weekender/fishing/motorsport tug. (1 Viewer)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi guys, I have for sale my work van, its a 2005 Ducato SWB low roof model with 2 litre diesel engine. High mileage at 211,358 but it has been regularly serviced and starts and runs perfectly. I've owned it for 6 years and it has only let me down once when the battery died earlier this year. In the last three years it has had:
New front suspension struts and top mounts.
Front brake pads.
Last March I changed the clutch.
Alternator, belt and tensioner.
New battery.
New rear shoes, wheel cyls and brake fluid change a few months ago.
New off side drive shaft a few months ago.
Offside front lower wishbone mounting last year.
Brand new tinted windscreen two months ago.
Four new Hankook RA08 tyres about 9 months ago (6000 miles approx). DSCF1748.JPG DSCF1749.JPG DSCF1750.JPG DSCF1751.JPG DSCF1752.JPG DSCF1753.JPG DSCF1754.JPG DSCF1755.JPG DSCF1756.JPG DSCF1757.JPG
Full service last week (oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, wheels off and brakes/suspension inspected)
It also has:
Tow bar and spare rear No plate.
Reversing camera.
JVC DAB/FM radio CD/MP3 head unit (needs a new DAB aerial, old one went with the old windscreen)
Parrot bluetooth handsfree kit.
Cruise control.
In the rear there is a pair of Numax leisure batteries (about 4 yrs old but very light use)
The batteries are charged via a CTEK B2B 20A charger and a 50 Watt solar panel on the roof with dual channel reg feeding to engine battery as well.
A 2KW Eberspacher diesel heater fed from a separate 1 gallon tank at the rear, the heater output is currently fed into the cab for winter morning pre heating, it has a timer control panel (dodgy LCD panel) and a remote control on/off setup.
A 1.2 metre Thule wind out awning/sunshade over the side door.
Twin passenger seat and cab bulkhead, cab seats in excellent condition and storage trays under both are present.
Now the bad bits:
The paintwork needs a bit of attention in several places, light rust around wheel arches and a few spots where taking the signwriting stickers off also pulled some f the top coat off.
It has no MOT as it failed last week, it needs:
Welding in several areas notably, NS front jacking point, OSF wheel arch and suspension turret/drivers floor area. The end of one chassis cross rail near the rear axle needs plating as does the offside spare wheel carrier hanger, OSR wheel arch closing panel and a couple of the OS outriggers need attention.
It also failed on a CV boot but that is on the new drive shaft and is actually fine (suspect the tester saw the grease from the old drive shaft which did have a badly damaged boot).
A day with a MIG welder would see a fresh ticket on this van and it would make a great little weekender van or perhaps a refuge for night fishing or even a tow vehicle for motorsport (I've towed an MX5 on a twin axle trailer behind it several times with no problems).

As it is I'd take £750 for it, without the heater, batteries, solar, CTEK and awning I want £450 no offers. It will need either a trailer or transporter to remove it or trade plates at least due to no MOT.
It is in Telford in Shropshire
I'm only selling it as I no longer have need for it and I simply don't have the time to fix it up but I won't give it away so don't insult me with silly offers please.

Call me on 01952 587702 during normal working hours or by PM on here if you're interested.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back