2005/2006 Hymer B680 - black box under drivers seat? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
2005 built Hymer B680 Star Line on a Sprinter 416 CDi full automatic base vehicle - LHD

Have had to send our Schaudt EBL Elektroblock back to Schaudt for repair (a report on dealing with Schaudt to follow). As the seat, EBL and it's support brackets are removed have taken the opportunity to take a look at all the various electrical and electronic cables and devices located inside the drivers seat box, one item I can't identify.

I think it is part of the original Mercedes Sprinter electrics but not sure, it could also be part of the additional Hymer electrics too.
It's the black box top right of the seatbox photos below, in the photos the front of the vehicle is to the left. It isn't a sealed box more a semi closed cover and no obvious method of removal. A loom plus a few other cables run into it so it may just be a protective cover if in it's original form as a Sprinter truck the driver stored stuff in the seat box? On the other hand it may be another device?

To the left of this box under a mass of cables is another sealed black box which is the auto box computer, between the two boxes is a large rubber gaiter which allows all the Hymer electrics (and some Sprinter?) cables to exit the seat box to under the floor.

Anyone come across this box before?

Thanks

Whoops! forgot the photos...

e2988.a.jpg

e2991.a.jpg

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It will probably be one of the Schaudt control boxes you will probably find a few more scattered about the van. There will be one for control of electrics running from the alternator D terminal, one for the step one for the drivers step one under the bonnet for wipers etc.
Look at the other side of the box it will have the part number on it then email Schaudt for info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Go point to watch in top pic, brown wire going to earth/chassis ( well it's not insulated ) a crafty German trap for us to connect this to a + on our kit.

And of course they connect the +12V in blue.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thanks Brian

It depends which part of the motorhome you are looking at, Sprinter wiring + = red, Hymer main cables + = black

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There are a couple of hymer owner groups on Facebook that may be able to help.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
It will probably be one of the Schaudt control boxes you will probably find a few more scattered about the van. There will be one for control of electrics running from the alternator D terminal, one for the step one for the drivers step one under the bonnet for wipers etc.
Look at the other side of the box it will have the part number on it then email Schaudt for info.

No visible numbers Lenny, I'll try the Hymer club and if not then the Sprinter forum

There are a couple of hymer owner groups on Facebook that may be able to help.

Thanks for the suggestion Sue but never been attracted to Facebook and thought I could live without it, maybe have to have a rethink?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Now I've seen the pic on my 24" monitor rather than my phone it doesn't look like a Schaudt box, sorry can't help any further.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back