2004 Fiat Burstner A class cambelt change. (1 Viewer)

Gumby

Free Member
Sep 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 640
Exp
20 years
hello all. I want to change the cambelt on my 2004 640. The mechanics who have done my old van for the last 15 years and whom I trust totally, don't think it can be done with the engine in situ. mainly because of the bodywork and the frame on the front supporting the body . mine has the drivers door on the left N/S and the gas locker on the Right O/S. Someone must have had this done already so can you tell me if its possible please and if so what does and does not have to be removed? I imagine all the elegance models are the same in this respect because of the common cab design.
Thanks
gumby

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Gumby welcome to motorhome fun, it looks like you have a number of questions that need answering.

It will be worth you investing £15 to get your years membership and lots of advice otherwise you are quickly going to run out of free posts.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi
We had a 2008 Burstner Aviani A Class (bodyshape very similar to yours) with a door on the left and the gas locker next to the hab door on the right side.
We had the cam belt changed at North East Trucks which was our local Fiat main dealer.
It did cost us around £1000 but this did include the service and Mot-
they did try and charge us more for it being an A class but we had had a quote before they began the work.

Good Luck
Steve and Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
dave newell lvs would probably know and be able to help.

He is a member on here and well regarded.

But don't forget to ask for your Funster member discount. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back