Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good evening,
I was checking the tyres on my B584. Topping them up where necessary with my small Ring pump.
No problem until I got to the last tyre. Switched it on and it started and stopped - now now power
from the 12v outlet I was using.

I then tried another one and same thing happaned, so now have 2 outlets not working.

Do these outlets have a fuse or are they protected by the EBL?

Thanks, for any help - leaving in the morning for Dorset!
Lloyd.

OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks,
I have fixed the second one that blew - it was the TV one so changed it on the EBL99.

The first one is still not working. Also not working are the bathroom lights, wardrobe light, nearside light above the side window, light above the bed and the 2 lights
under the bed above the cabin.

I have checked driver and passenger side inside fuse boxes and all fuses seem ok.

Too dark to do much more now, wont be the early start that I needed it would seem.

I will check under bonnet in the morning, any other ideas welcome,
Thanks,
Lloyd.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Thanks,
I have fixed the second one that blew - it was the TV one so changed it on the EBL99.

The first one is still not working. Also not working are the bathroom lights, wardrobe light, nearside light above the side window, light above the bed and the 2 lights
under the bed above the cabin.

I have checked driver and passenger side inside fuse boxes and all fuses seem ok.

Too dark to do much more now, wont be the early start that I needed it would seem.

I will check under bonnet in the morning, any other ideas welcome,
Thanks,
Lloyd.
I think that the lights that are not working are all fed from the EBL99?

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
My Ring RAC900 draws about 23amps so connect it directly to the starter battery using crocodile clips.

Guess your smaller Ring compressor probably draws in excess of 10amps which might exceed the fuse rating of the connection you're using. Also, the compressor gets quite hot in continuous use so needs to be rested fairly frequently to allow it to cool down. I guess the heat draws additional current which is why you experienced failure whilst inflating your last tyre.

I had a 2002 Hymer 544 and there are fuses either side of the lower dashboard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I expect that it is another fuse on the EBL - likely to be either Kreis (circuit) 1 or 2 which supply those lights etc. Those circuits have a 10A fuse.
I also run my compressor directly from the battery - I have rigged up a connector to the hab battery as that is more convenient than the starter battery.

OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
paddymcc, SIFTA SAM
Thank you.
I just popped out and changed the fuse on Kreis 1 and it worked.
I looked at all of those fuses and they looked OK.
Now, with a glass, I can see it is blown.
I will not use that compressor again from those sockets,
Thank you again,
Lloyd.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back