2001 Mercedes Hymer B680 sprinter 311 - Hand brake cable adjustment ??? (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hi Peeps, as the title says, I need to adjust the hand brake cable, the MOT man says I need to bring the hand brake handle down a bit (no so many clicks/notches, but I could not see how when I was underneath, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated TIA

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Cheers JJ, I had already seen that vid, but that won’t work on mine as they are wheel nuts not studs and I have four wheels on the rear axle, the brakes are good it’s just the MOT man says the cable needs adjusting to make it shorter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
My handbrake wasn't too good on my B 680 but it had passed the last MOT a few weeks prior.
I asked my mechanic friend would he have a look and he removed the rear wheels and adjusted the shoes and all ok now, much improved.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I haven’t been right underneath but I can only see one cable front to back ?
AS Paul said it must split somewhere to get to each rear wheel? There is usually an adjuster there.
+there will be an adjuster at the actual lever ,probably inside & under the handbrake cover.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
AS Paul said it must split somewhere to get to each rear wheel? There is usually an adjuster there.
+there will be an adjuster at the actual lever ,probably inside & under the handbrake cover.
There is a cover at the pivot position on the handbrake (which I made as it was just open) in there there are two bolts ? Does any one know the reason for these (4 sure) I don’t want undo them and lose the handbrake completely

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back