2000 watt inverter (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
If Chris had been at the Northern Show at Knutsford I'd have reckoned he'd struck gold by putting a rain powered water wheel on the back of his motorhome - the amount that came down would have indeed provided 150 amps!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If Chris had been at the Northern Show at Knutsford I'd have reckoned he'd struck gold by putting a rain powered water wheel on the back of his motorhome - the amount that came down would have indeed provided 150 amps!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wot you doin on ere no ones mentiond relays yet::bigsmile:
Geo

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Assuming I didn't know the solars had a problem, the gennie is the obvious choice about 15-20 mins would do the trick.
But in my case and many others the portable jump pack would come out.
That has already been invented in case you missed it:Smile:
I cant see me using your invention as its inverter powered and needs a good battery to work:Doh:::bigsmile:
Geo
never said you had a jump pack:ROFLMAO:
why would i build something that needs a battery to charge a battery:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
i would have you up and running in five mins.
when it's built i will offer a challenge you line up all the genny's as big as you can carry and see who can bring a battery up to fully charged faster without damageing the battery.
i will offer £1000 if you beat me.
only condition your mrs must be able to carry said genny in one hand.:thumb:
the unit im building my mrs could carry across a field in one hand.
mind you she is sixteen stone of pure english,could play rugby if she wanted.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
WIND UP torches ~~~~been done.

WIND UP radios ~~~~been done

WIND UP funsters ~~~~been done especially by CG:ROFLMAO:

I am really intrigued now:youbetcha:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i WILL bring my unit to the western show.
if you lot think its a windup i will stand and let you smack me in the mouth with no retelation(im a big boy i can take it):thumb:
but remember this is purely about rechargeing batteries not some wonder power unit that will change all our lives.

end of the thread for me i will pm brian or wildman if i need tecky stuff.
over and out.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Wot you doin on ere no ones mentiond relays yet::bigsmile:
Geo

'cos I reckon Chris is planning on using a self-regulating, inverse transcoding, pure-modified-quasi sine, flux powered, cyclic de-stabilising, faraday bemusing, water cooled, self-resetting relay.

I know, 'cos I bought a pallet load direct from china at $0.23 each including tax, duty, delivery AND a recyclable jiffy bag :winky:

Havewheelswilltravel

Free Member
Feb 25, 2011
Farnham
Funster No
MH
American RV A class
Exp
God 1st a Bedford when the wheel was invented
Hi
That is a nice sized inverter but could be a bit of a over kill.

All I will say is you will damage your battery if you run that for long periods you will at least need 4 min 110 ah batteries and younare also going to need very heavy cable from batteries to inverter and the inverter will need to have a very very good air circulation as it will get very hot.

Let us know how it goes

Alan

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thought for a minute you might have come up with a working Adams Motor.

Intrigued by whatever it is. Good luck. :thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
'cos I reckon Chris is planning on using a self-regulating, inverse transcoding, pure-modified-quasi sine, flux powered, cyclic de-stabilising, faraday bemusing, water cooled, self-resetting relay.

I know, 'cos I bought a pallet load direct from china at $0.23 each including tax, duty, delivery AND a recyclable jiffy bag :winky:
oh jesus bryan.
you have found out what it is:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
order on its way:thumb:
but only want the 10 mva pure-modified-quasi sine.:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Welll now i know Bryan has parts your interested in and the Delorean has popped up
Im going to start thinking out of the box
would I be warm in thinking you may be taking the battery back in time to before it was flat:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
no geo not even close:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but time travel is my next project:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but who want's to go back in time?if you go forward you can get the euro lotto numbers

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
il give you all a clue.
it glow's in the dark ,is surrounded in lead,and can upset the telly:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and harwell are missing something important:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Chris
Bryan is a mate and I do like listening to his ideas and some of his therories However I would suggest you two stay as far apart from each other as possible his laqtest idea was to save having to unplug his sky box when not in use
The resuling control panel looks rather fetching mounted to his RV dash, he is thinking of re mounting it in the wardrobe away from prying eyes
Although im sure he wont mind me posting a pic on here for those that havent seen it yet

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Attachments

• article-1314872-0A7F484A000005DC-207_634x371.jpg
    article-1314872-0A7F484A000005DC-207_634x371.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
the first part of my master plan to power the world has arrived.:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Now I know its a wind up!!
shifty boy
that my wife you posting about:Eeek::winky:
now she tell's me that there aint no welsh,scots,or any other in her,so who am i to disbelieve her.:RollEyes:
i recon she had a bit of welsh in her once ,but the postman is dead now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Here's some interesting information from Sterling, charging a 100Ah battery at various voltages (14.8V - 160 amps!)

Link Removed
sort of proves my theory.
Answers to the questions based on actual facts

1. Will the fast charge rate also put more into my batteries? One can clearly see that on the 13.3 volt charge only 21 amp hours were put into the battery as opposed to 60 amp hours with the 14.8 charge. An improvement of about 300%.
  2. Did this 300% improvement actually go into the battery or was it simply lost in heat and gas etc? The inverter discharge test clearly shows that the 13.2 volt battery ran the inverter for 48 minutes, whereas the 14.8 volt test ran the inverter for 114 minutes, a clear 230% improvement. So yes, the extra amps were being stored in the battery and were accessed by the inverter and used.
  3. Will the high charge rate boil my batteries? One can see the rise in the battery temperature at 14.8 volts was from 18C to 32C, which is still well below the manufacturers recommended temperature limit of 50C. Also bear in mind that this test was charging a 100 amp hour battery at 150 amps, in real life with 4 x 100 amp hour batteries you would need a 500 amp alternator or battery charger to be able to reproduce this test run.
  4. Is it possible to put a lot of power into a battery in 1 hr? The graph clearly shows that the bulk of the power absorbed by the charger was in the first hour. So obviously the battery was comfortable with this as the temperature rise was well within the battery's limits.
  5. Does a 100 amp hour battery give 100 amps of useful power? Simply not true; even with the best charger, at least 40% or 40 amp hours tends to be no use in a battery.
  6. Are there any other benefits from this fast charging? Yes, you also de sulphate the batteries, dramatically increasing the life of them. You will also reduce the running hours of your engine and fuel costs, associated with the charging of the batteries. In fact there are no down sides to this process.

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i am at the stage were i need parts to complete my unit,ebay is my friend:thumb:
heavy duty copper cable,heavy duty connectors and a few other bit and bobs:Smile:
so im all your's while i wait on the postman:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
simple answer is it has to be a capacitor charge unit and yes it has been done before. Capacitors are currently replacing batteries in hand power tools.

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
simple answer is it has to be a capacitor charge unit and yes it has been done before. Capacitors are currently replacing batteries in hand power tools.
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEY to teccy for me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
im just a humble ex-bricklayer,trying to sort out a problem thats been bugging me.:ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Your mistake is going public before you've tested your idea. Keep it under your hat till you get it to work, it must be pretty discouraging having your idea (whatever it may be) mocked in this fashion.

If it works I'll have one :thumb:

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Your mistake is going public before you've tested your idea. Keep it under your hat till you get it to work, it must be pretty discouraging having your idea (whatever it may be) mocked in this fashion.

If it works I'll have one :thumb:
i was going to say nothing but just sort of slipped out when trying to get info about the inverter.:Blush:
as far as being mocked its water off a duck's back to me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
as far as it working, i know it will work as i built one years ago but a different configuration:thumb:
you are first on the list:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Pray tell us at least, what is the fuel source? Energy cannot be created, it is simply converted so unless you are Dr Who and have access to extra-terrestrial technology that circumvents the rules of physics on planet Earth you are talking out of your bumhole::bigsmile:.

D.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Pray tell us at least, what is the fuel source? Energy cannot be created, it is simply converted so unless you are Dr Who and have access to extra-terrestrial technology that circumvents the rules of physics on planet Earth you are talking out of your bumhole::bigsmile:.

D.

Though many of us periodically engage in rectal oratory, it's not very polite to say so.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back