2 x Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D on eBay if anyone is interested. (1 Viewer)

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
If anyone is looking at purchasing a new Sat Nav there are a couple of Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D for sale on eBay at a very reasonable price. Basically a good £80+ saving even with postage over the cheapest price I could find in the UK.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Garm...h=item2ce4be63a4:g:19IAAOSw0c9bnCxK:rk:1:pf:0

As my old Sat Nav was on the point of dying I bit the bullet and purchased one (of the 6 they were selling) on the 6th Feb and it was delivered this morning (13th Feb) which isn't bad going from Lithuania. It is 100% functional and the only things that it doesn't have are the packaging and manual. Connected to my copy of Garmin Express and it has registered correctly with Garmin and updated successfully to the latest European maps. Seller has 100% positive feedback rating and is a registered business seller.

Cheers, Steve

OP
OP
SteveJ

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Les, first thing I did when after it arrived this morning :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Hi SteveJ ... Did you really get a 770 MLT-D ? Is there a separate gizmo with an aerial fro DAB traffic updates, or do you have to link your phone for traffic updates ?
(The seller, is saying traffic updates via phone which means it isn't "-D" even tho' the GArmin part number he quotes is for the "-D" version)

OP
OP
SteveJ

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Nigel, it is slightly confusing as the model number on the actual device is a 770 LMT-S, however Garmin identifies it as a LMT-D and when you activate the Traffic option it asks you to plugin a Traffic compatible power lead and checking the in car power lead supplied it is the one with the blue light which works as a DAB aerial. So it does appear to be a D version.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi Nigel, it is slightly confusing as the model number on the actual device is a 770 LMT-S, however Garmin identifies it as a LMT-D and when you activate the Traffic option it asks you to plugin a Traffic compatible power lead and checking the in car power lead supplied it is the one with the blue light which works as a DAB aerial. So it does appear to be a D version.
Fooled me that when I bought the 660. I already had a lead to power it permanently wired (ex-Tom Tom) so I just used it for the Garmin. I got a screen message about a compatible lead. When I investigated further the correct lead isn't just the aerial - the entire traffic data receiver is in the Garmin cigar lighter plug.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Just looked on the Garmin UK website and they only show the D. The S is listed on the US site.

On the 660 version I had the Cig Lighter socket to GPS unit cable was needed to get the Traffic as said by @tonyidle. I had a problem with mine and Garmin replaced it.

Doug

OP
OP
SteveJ

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Just given it a try this morning and it does look like these are not the D models after all, so the label is correct they are the S model, why Garmin identifies it as a D I have no idea. Still it is fully functional and traffic is available via Smartlink which as I use my Garmin for hands free in the MH I have set up anyway. And data usage for live traffic via smartlink isn't exactly excessive, 2 - 3Mb/hour so even leaving the sat nav and phone on and connected for the entire month would only be a bit over 2Gb, don't know about you but it's rare for me to drive for more than 6 or 7 hours in a day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back