2 x 200amp hr bat. set up on homebuild (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
If your looking at possibly getting a B2B charger and also possibly solar it might be worth looking at the CTEK D250S Duel and Smartpass.

The D250S is a great battery to battery charger that you can also connect solar panels directly too (it has a MPPT solar charger built in) but only charges at a maximum rate of 20a.

If you add the CTEK Smartpass it charges at up to 100a. It also keeps your starter battery topped up.

I have this system going into my own van (fitting 4 x 100ah batteries) and did a ton of research before deciding on this set-up.

I've written a small blog post which has a video showing how the units work here if your interested:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If your looking at possibly getting a B2B charger and also possibly solar it might be worth looking at the CTEK D250S Duel and Smartpass.

The D250S is a great battery to battery charger that you can also connect solar panels directly too (it has a MPPT solar charger built in) but only charges at a maximum rate of 20a.

If you add the CTEK Smartpass it charges at up to 100a. It also keeps your starter battery topped up.

I have this system going into my own van (fitting 4 x 100ah batteries) and did a ton of research before deciding on this set-up.

I've written a small blog post which has a video showing how the units work here if your interested:

Hi Wissel nice easy to understand blog :thumb: talk about overkill:winky: you should never run out of power:thumb: Out of curiosity how much did you spend on your 12v system?
Terry

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Terry, I will be running a PC in my van most of the time so needed a good 12v system. I work online so being able to work from the van means I can get far more use out of it (and get out of the office).

I haven't worked out exactly what I've spent yet but these are the main components:

CTEK D250S Dual and Smartpass - about £350
Solar Panels (2 x 100w) - £170
4 x 100ah batteries - £236
Cable, fuse boxes, Smartcom, etc - about £200

So I guess about £1000

It's not really overkill for my needs. I "could" use about 60a in a day and want to be able to use the van all year around so didn't want to rely on the solar panels. So over 3 days I could use 180a.

In practise I will probably use about 30a per day and during the Summer months the van should be fairly self-sufficient but better safe than sorry ::bigsmile:

Glad you liked my blog,
David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back