2 weeks around northern France (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
We are thinking of trying to get another couple of weeks in France over the summer ans didn't want to do too much driving so was thinking of doing the northern coast. Is there much to see on the north coast would like to spend about 2-3 days in each place aires would be preferred if you can stop this long in them

Has anyone done a trip on the north coast I have tried to search for a thread but can't seem to find any if anyone knows of a thread please post a link for me

Thanks

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We are thinking of trying to get another couple of weeks in France over the summer ans didn't want to do too much driving so was thinking of doing the northern coast. Is there much to see on the north coast would like to spend about 2-3 days in each place aires would be preferred if you can stop this long in them

Has anyone done a trip on the north coast I have tried to search for a thread but can't seem to find any if anyone knows of a thread please post a link for me

Thanks

How far west would you be driving?

N E cost around Bolougne & Calais is pretty in parts - we've had good stays around Hardelot de la Plage but it will be busy during the summer, especially on the weekends. Worth being in the area for a few days if the weather is nice. Not much in the way of historic sites but nice forests and beaches to explore.

Further west takes you towards Normandy with lots more history to explore.

The weather will be very similar to S England.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
we like northern france , some good beaches and seaside places between calais and belgium and loads of war places if you are interested but you need the weather as its very similer to here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Definitely go to Honfleur it’s a lovely spot and you can use the aire there it’s €11 or €12 euros per day dump and water, walk int town or along to the beach through the gardens it’s a great place.???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If you are interested in war stuff, there are a few museums on the coast south west of Calais including a few blockhouses and a huge war cemetery at Etaples.
If you carry on that way there are some nice coastal towns and then I can recommend aires with nearby beaches at the following. Fort Mahon, Quend Plage les Pins, Le Crotoy ( near the marina. There is a little train that can take you round the bay to St Valery sur Somme. ( also an aire here )
Depending on time, you could saunter down as far as Fecamp ( nice town with a Benedictine Abbey. ) or just travel down to Normandy and take a look at the beaches there.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Thanks

Turn right at Calais and most of the seaside towns have aires all the way down to saint-malo....
And lovely towns and villages they are too, however in July and August the rest of France think so too .... they will be rammed...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back