2 Week Euro Breakdown cover? (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Is there such a thing as a 2 week breakdown cover for our trip to France and German? I'm not too bothered about getting breakdown cover for the UK, but I would like that peace of mind while on European roads. Does anyone have anyone they use? Or maybe it would be worthwhile getting UK and European cover for a set number of days. Open to suggestions.

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
RAC offer Single trip European breakdown cover means your vehicle is covered for a one-off trip to Europe.

You can choose cover for just one day, a two-week holiday, or any trip lasting up to 180 days. And if your vehicle breaks down while you’re away, you can be fixed at the roadside or towed to the nearest garage.

motorhomes and minibuses (with up to 17 seats, including the driver) – plus light vans, and vehicles towing caravans or trailers.

They cover any vehicle of any age, as long as it is:

registered as a private vehicle in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man
a maximum of 3,500 kg (3.5 tonnes) when fully loaded. This weight is called the gross vehicle mass (GVM)

a maximum of 7 m long, 3 m high and 2.5 mm wide – including any load you’re carrying.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
There are lots of options, we use red pennant. It’s all singing and dancing and through the Caravan Club, it has got eye watering though. £220 for 5 weeks last year.

We may get one of the bank accounts that include it next year when COVID settles.

Whatever you decide check it covers the size of Motorhome. Also check the spare wheel cover, as in some of them will charge you if you don’t have a full size spare available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Make sure you compare the cost of a single trip to an annual one as I suspect there won't be a lot in it cost wise so you might as well get an annual one and have the benefit in the UK too then if you do go abroad again within the same year you won't have to sort it again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back