Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Hi

How do I edit or delete a post which I have made?

Also, I’m getting email notifications every time I comment on a post ... I think commenting defaults to watching. How do I default to not watching a post I comment on.

Thanks!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
There is an 'edit' button on each post you make for a limited period of time - maybe an hour or so.

I'll have a look at the 'settings' and see if I can find the answer to your other question.....

OK - if you hover over your forum name on the blue bar at the top (next to 'inbox) you will see preferences in the drop-down menu.

Un-check what you don't need. :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
as said.. but there is no way I know to delete a post.. only edit.. If I want to delete, I delete the text and leave a dot (.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I just joined the dots Jim Did you really say all that:Eeek:

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
As @Janine say's....
You have a time limit to edit a post. When you "Post Reply", at the bottom of your post you will see this with the word "Edit" where the red cross is. This is a live link for about an hour. Clicking on this will take you to a new window where you can Edit and then Save Changes.

Untitled.png

To stop receiving emails about threads you have posted on you need to stop "watching" them. There are a couple of ways to do this but the way I do it is to refresh the thread and at the top right hand side of the thread title you will see a blue "unwatch thread" . Again this is a live link that will open another window with the option of un-watching it.
Untitled1.png

Hope this helps

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks folks ... I wasn’t seeing the option to edit as I missed the time window :sleep:

I have unchecked all boxes to no avail so will try to inwatch each thread I post on

Thanks! :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
To stop receiving emails,
Click on your blue username at the top right
Click on Preferences
Uncheck all the email notifications.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thanks folks ... I wasn’t seeing the option to edit as I missed the time window :sleep:

I have unchecked all boxes to no avail so will try to inwatch each thread I post on

Thanks! :)
It will only apply to new threads you reply to, exsisting ones you are receiving emails from, you will need to select unwatch on each one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back