Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Folks

Im rubbish with electrics so can any body tell me .

I want to put a 2kW Oil filled radiator (Can be turned down to 1kW) in my van to keep the chill out of a night time.

I believe that 2kW at 230 Volts = 8.32 Amps. Am I correct and will this be ok on a typical site EHU.

I dont know what the start up current would be (initial current surge when the heater is first switched on).

Can any body advise me please.

Cheers

Jim
:Smile:

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you will find that at 1kw setting it will keep your van more than warm,plus if you put the kettle etc, on it will not trip out.We use a 2kw fan heater with thermostat running at the 1 kw setting when on H/U.We also bought an 1 kw oiled filled one with a frost setting for when it was parked up at home but when I saw the meter spinning :Eeek::Eeek: I got rid of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Oil Filled Radiator

We have been using a 2kw Radiator for 12months since we bought our van, we used it at the NEC last week with no problems on there system.
If we are on a CL or CS in the winter we turn the power down to zero on the heater while we boil the kettle or use the Microwave just to be sure not to trip. We also bought a small 1/2 Kw radiator from Comet and we keep that on in the Garage in the winter to safeguard the boiler which is under our fixed bed we have been to the alps in France and Germany last year and had no problems.
We do use Internal and outside screens in the winter and put blankets over the inside dash to stop drafts, but that would probably be overkill in the UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back