2 bike, bike rack on tow bar with Safe T bar (1 Viewer)

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
Good evening all
I want to fit a bike rack to my Elddis Autostratus LS SE on Peugeot Boxer MWB Chassis.
Due to the position of the rear ladder I feel a normal bike rack will foul with the ladder preventing correct mounting.
I have seen a tow bar mounted bike rack which seems to utilise a Safe T Bar for the base of the rack and the upright supports / lashing points are mounted on the tow bar.

Does any one have experience of fitting or better still qualified fitters of said items??

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I had a safe t bar on an old van. massive amount of weight lost from the payload and especially the rear axle load

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I have a ladder and carry my spare bolted onto the back. Just got a 3 bike towbar rack and left inside one empty simples.

Dick

OP
OP
GaryH61

GaryH61

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Horwich Greater Manchester AKA Lancs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Auto Stratus
Exp
Since 2014
I have a ladder and carry my spare bolted onto the back. Just got a 3 bike towbar rack and left inside one empty simples.

Dick
I take it you have a tow bar? I am wanting to modify or buy a rack to mount on a ladder that goes down the centre of the MH at the back or find a ladder mounted Rack as I don't have a tow bar and don't want to add to the expense by having one fitted?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back