• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

2 Bed flat, Irvine, Scotland (1 Viewer)

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
<Broken link removed>

Go on you know you want to!

Nice part of the World, 2 miles from a massive beach 6 miles long and 300 yards wide, an hour from Loch Lomond, 10 minutes from the Clyde Estuary, an hour from Arran, Ireland and Dumfries and Galloway. Parks, walks, cycle ways and history galore, you would go a long way to beat beautiful Ayrshire and the West Coast of Scotland.

35 mins to Glasgow airport, 10 to Prestwick. Near to all main communication routes. half an hour to Glasgow by car.

It has just been completely decorated, carpeted and serviced. It is ready to go for you, a family member, tenant or Air BnB let

The price has just been lowered. It would make an ideal holiday base/buy to let/first time buy.

All reasonable offers considered.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Nice part of the World, 2 miles from a massive beach 6 miles long and 300 yards wide, an hour from Loch Lomond, 10 minutes from the Clyde Estuary, an hour from Arran, Ireland and Dumfries and Galloway. Parks, walks, cycle ways and history galore, you would go a long way to beat beautiful Ayrshire and the West Coast of Scotland.
I can go along wi that, being Ayr born and bred. (y)

Good luck with the sale. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Not far from our daughter's house! And Irvine is a nice place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My Auntie Sheila lives in Saltcoates, its lovely up there.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I can’t believe the price!!

Is that really what two bed flats go for up there?

Christ,, I wish I could afford another £1.00 a week!! Xx

OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Green or blue? Most dont' care. The rivalry things' more of a myth now perpetuated by a withered few, lost its relevance years ago. I prefer Rugby, more of a mans sport and less prima donnas.

Yup, that's the price! And it on the good side of town as well. If I don't sell it by june I will get another tenant, but I would prefer to punt it on...

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I can’t believe the price!!

Is that really what two bed flats go for up there?

Christ,, I wish I could afford another £1.00 a week!! Xx

Yes indeed, now ask yourself who has got life easier?
Free prescriptions, GP much easier to see usually the same day, getting a dentist is a lot easier even for NHS dentists, we get more money per skull from the public purse, we don't get ripped off for parking, roads are practically deserted, wild camping is largely a doddle with beautiful scenery & as applies to a lot of funsters, divorce is correspondingly cheap & relatively painless. :whistle2::imoutahere:

Downsides, weather not so good oh & midges, seems like a fair deal to me.

OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Ahh..Dunoon, Dunoon, a bonny wee toon. My family used to have a Hotel over there many years ago. It's where I learned to dive. Small world so it is.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The Girdle Toll was where my brother was born & I was conceived(y)
Then my father got a job with BEA down here at Heathrow, been living down here ever since. I know the area well as I have family living all over that area.
I miss Troon the most, as my Granny had a wee bolt hole second home, nearly on the beach, many great memories of going there as a Kid and much later also.
Good luck with the sale.
Les

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Ahh..Dunoon, Dunoon, a bonny wee toon. My family used to have a Hotel over there many years ago. It's where I learned to dive. Small world so it is.
It was a rental come investment,only took us 10 months to sell it. :eek:
Had a holiday house there since I was born, so know the place quite well. What hotel was it ?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Ayrshire coast, my childhood youth and young adult haunt.
Was going to say can someone tell me why I left, but remembered in time.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Lived there for three years, my son was born in Kilwinning nursing home, that was 45 years ago(y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yes indeed, now ask yourself who has got life easier?
Free prescriptions, GP much easier to see usually the same day, getting a dentist is a lot easier even for NHS dentists, we get more money per skull from the public purse, we don't get ripped off for parking, roads are practically deserted, wild camping is largely a doddle with beautiful scenery & as applies to a lot of funsters, divorce is correspondingly cheap & relatively painless. :whistle2::imoutahere:

Downsides, weather not so good oh & midges, seems like a fair deal to me.

Strange how when other Scots say they are hard done by yet your painting a rosey picture.

Does make me wonder how the SNP got so many votes :)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Strange how when other Scots say they are hard done by yet your painting a rosey picture.

Does make me wonder how the SNP got so many votes :)

I'm just trying to convince myself that I'm doing ok lol. :notworthy:
Help me try to be happy, please, pretty please. :cry::cry:

However, I do vote SNP, I don't want independence, I'm just picking the best of a very bad bunch & SNP do stand up for Scottish issue's. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Me thinks our English neighbours would do the same thing if presented by similar issues.
Our local newly built hospital was about to have A&E closed down with Labour & Tories agreeing to close it, despite us paramedics telling them that we couldn't cope with the many many extra miles that critically ill patients would be forced to endure.
They even uninvented "The Golden Hour" claiming that it didn't exist. :mad::confused:
Then SNP promised to keep these critical care hospitals open if voted in, I was a lifelong true blue Tory & given the choice I would be again, but my head was turned by necessity, couple that to free prescriptions etc & it was job done.
So an awful lot of SNP voters do not want independence as proven by the "Indyref" vote & one hell of a lot of people do not like Sturgeon.

Oh & there the fabled "Deep Fried Mars Bar" (never seen one, dunno anyone who has) that's gotta be a good enough reason to live in Scotland, right? :pinocchio:

My English wife (Bucks) loves it up here, I wasn't entirely sure why until we recently visited her brother in the Thames Valley, I was staggered at the weight of traffic during rush hour & the roads were busier on sunday afternoon that we ever see here.

Last edited:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@ambulancekidd as you know I was only pulling your chain half heartedly :)

Of course your good lady likes it up there because you’re there (y)

The thing with free prescriptions and the like is other areas get missed.
I’ve seen reports of some deadly poor housing along with other issues.

I still like Scotland though :)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
@ambulancekidd as you know I was only pulling your chain half heartedly :)

Of course your good lady likes it up there because you’re there (y)

The thing with free prescriptions and the like is other areas get missed.
I’ve seen reports of some deadly poor housing along with other issues.

I still like Scotland though :)

No probs mate, I didn't intend to write a speech, I should have added to my op that I was saying everything tongue in cheek.
Scotland is always very welcoming of our visitors & you'd be welcome anytime.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Green or blue? Most dont' care. The rivalry things' more of a myth now perpetuated by a withered few, lost its relevance years ago. I prefer Rugby, more of a mans sport and less prima donnas.

Yup, that's the price! And it on the good side of town as well. If I don't sell it by june I will get another tenant, but I would prefer to punt it on...
You having a laugh! I wish I could agree but...Bigotry is very much alive. Just look at the voting in Catholic/Protestant areas...Does that not tell you something? Me personally ..I couldn't give a s**t about religion in what area I should live, how I should vote etc etc.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
No probs mate, I didn't intend to write a speech, I should have added to my op that I was saying everything tongue in cheek.
Scotland is always very welcoming of our visitors & you'd be welcome anytime.

We had a couple of weeks up in your fine Country last year after my hernia op.

The only issue I had was the dickhead visitors not knowing how single track roads work :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
You having a laugh! I wish I could agree but...Bigotry is very much alive. Just look at the voting in Catholic/Protestant areas...Does that not tell you something? Me personally ..I couldn't give a s**t about religion in what area I should live, how I should vote etc etc.

Not at all, whilst I know, both professionally and personally, that it is an issue in some areas, for instance selected parts of Ayrshire, some parts of Glasgow and Lanarkshire, on the whole, generally in Scotland, most people just don't care. For sure there is a vociferous minority that plug into the orange order/green brigade bigotry and paranoia but their bark is worse than their bite; they will fade in time as people ignore them and they fade into obscurity.

But I do tend to agree, F**k 'em and their religious prejudice, their funny sashes, silly songs and skewed view of history. They are both an increasing irrelevance. Like you, and most educated people, I will think and do as I please, where I like and with whom I like. It is a bonus that religion is playing les and less a part in daily life as the rational, logical and educated masses recognise it for the nonsense that it is.

Football is going the same way. Less relevant to increasing numbers of people as they to realise that it is a game sullied by brain dead halfwits and played by over-payed prima donnas with no connection to the communities they are supposed to represent.

Combine the two, mix liberally and we see the waning of both and it's not a moment too soon.

A case in point - I have a wide selection of friends and colleagues right across Scotland from all social strata, both male and female; very few of them are serious football fans and non are religious! Perhaps not a perfect empirical sampling but it serves to illustrate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back