2.3 Fiat Multijet hunting on tickover after timing belt replacement. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Our independant used to use Gates but them and other garages started having problems with them. They now only use Fiat, expensive but reliable.
I read about that after I had the work done but a I don't know what the problems with Gates belts could be, if they are the right ones then surely the timing would be correct.
I could understand reliability issues but I can't understand how the timing could be out if fitted correctly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I read about that after I had the work done but a I don't know what the problems with Gates belts could be, if they are the right ones then surely the timing would be correct.
I could understand reliability issues but I can't understand how the timing could be out if fitted correctly.
Only going by what I was told they said they wouldn't time up properly didn't give any more detail. Also said they had prolems with their water pumps.
They are a small family firm I've used for years and I value what they say.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Only going by what I was told they said they wouldn't time up properly didn't give any more detail. Also said they had prolems with their water pumps.
They are a small family firm I've used for years and I value what they say.
It's running OK apart from the lumpy tick over, I have had a fault code reader plugged in that didn't show anything but said the Fiat ones would pick up more.
I will be back in Tavira in a couple of weeks and will take it into the main agents in Faro for a proper check before I have words with the garage that did the job.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Could the overfilled oil be frothing up and blocking a breather or getting into the cylinders and burning off with the regulated diesel fuel causing an unbalanced fuel supply?

OP
OP

Deleted User
Could the overfilled oil be frothing up and blocking a breather or getting into the cylinders and burning off with the regulated diesel fuel causing an unbalanced fuel supply?
I did think that it might have some effect so I drained around 2L of oil a few weeks ago, just on the full line now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back