Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Last week in June, 1st two weeks in July. Yipee. Hope France ain't too busy then. French holidays and Euro fatty although we ain't going anywhere near futty venues. Mooching around Normandy and possibly a week on I'll de re
We don't want to book anywhere so we are flexible with travelling, maybe a bad move?? Hope not

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Make sure you know how to find the aires, it will keep the costs down and give you more flexibility.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Some of the best places I've found in France is when I've taken an interesting looking side turning to.....? or when my sat nav has suggsted an immediate left turn and for once, I've obeyed the instruction.
Keep your larder topped up and just bimble.
Also worth remembering that days in NW France in June are long so no need to be too quick to park up for the night.
I may well see you there :)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Until you have been to France in your van you will not know how different things are for motorhomers compared to the UK. Whereas we have crowded roads and many councils do their best to make life difficult for us in France they welcome you with open arms.

We use All the Aires France and Camperstop, both available from Vicarious Books. Probably worth investing in these if you plan to go to France regularly.

One of our favourite aires is at La Mailleraye Sur Seine (video) but there are thousands of others to choose from.

Have a great time.

Paul

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Antony,
You will enjoy every moment of your time over there, as suggested before a good satnav which you can put in gps co-ords in, will help a great deal in finding aires etc. best to put in no toll roads ( saves money on tolls & takes you through lots of interesting places ).
We've been over about 10 times & can't get enough of the country, I always do a bit of research on which aires that I would like to visit ( usually by water /lakes/rivers /sea or canals) also if poss free , then check out aires that supply free water possibly on our approx route ( we also pick up a couple of 5ltr bottled water just in case).
If on an aire don't buy too many tokens/jetons as I did on our first trip (thought it a good idea to have some spare) as they don't fit any other aire ( each aire that charges use diverent jetons.( still got 3 spare).Any other help just ask.
Terry

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks for all your advice. I bought a Chinese sat av with gps co-ordinates. What does the site code refer to on the camper contact app?

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Drive the MH and see where you end up.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If on an aire don't buy too many tokens/jetons as I did on our first trip (thought it a good idea to have some spare) as they don't fit any other aire ( each aire that charges use diverent jetons.( still got 3 spare).Any other help just ask.

There are only actually 3 or 4 main types. I usually buy a couple of spares every time because there's always the chance there won't be anywhere convenient to buy one at the next stop. I've got a bit of a collection in the van that has got me out of trouble more than once.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Enjoy....So much to see in Normandy...Swiss Normandy is delightful as the name suggests a lot hillier than Bayeux area. Furthermore you will get lashings of help and advice from so many kind and knowledgeable funsters on this site...just post a question and you will certainly get a great response.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Your going at the same time as us, let's hope we have some good weather! (y)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Not over adventurous for 3 weeks, you could easily enjoy the med for better weather.

But a good intro for 1st trip abroad IMHO.

Plenty of time for further afield after the 1st trip's under the belt.

Sure you'll have a great time.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
1st trip this is ideal, mooching around Normandy and maybe a bit of Britanny. We usually go for 3 weeks and haven't yet been anywhere near the Med. That can wait until we can go for longer periods (3 months & 12 days and counting until retirement)!

Joe

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
[QUOTE="denisejoe, ]1st trip this is ideal, mooching around Normandy and maybe a bit of Britanny. We usually go for 3 weeks and haven't yet been anywhere near the Med.
Joe[/QUOTE]
----------------------------------------
Hi Antony,
If you are looking for recommendations of aires etc in Normandy or Brittany, just ask the forum.
I prefer Brittany , some great aires here's some on the east side of Brittany,
Fougere, Campeneac, Nort sur Erdre,Piriac sur mer, Saint Gildas de Rhuys & Saint Andre des eaux

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
[QUOTE="denisejoe, ]1st trip this is ideal, mooching around Normandy and maybe a bit of Britanny. We usually go for 3 weeks and haven't yet been anywhere near the Med.
Joe
Hi Antony,
If you are looking for recommendations of aires etc in Normandy or Brittany, just ask the forum.
I prefer Brittany , some great aires here's some on the east side of Brittany,
Fougere, Campeneac, Nort sur Erdre,Piriac sur mer, Saint Gildas de Rhuys & Saint Andre des eaux[/QUOTE]
Hi fidget I don't know if you have been to n s e in the past couple of years they now want you to use the campsite only a small area surrounded by large rocks the rest has a height barrier and they have closed the bourne probably only 6 places now but can be awkward to access

Joe

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
bimble.
:)[/QUOTE]

What a lovely word. BIMBLE.

That's going to be my word for the entire year! :D

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We have never booked anything yet. France is quiet that time of year. Good aires at Dinan, and Val Andre on the coast, Brittany ( fab places). Also St Mallerie sur Seine, Nomandie.
Phil

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979

Hi fidget I don't know if you have been to n s e in the past couple of years they now want you to use the campsite only a small area surrounded by large rocks the rest has a height barrier and they have closed the bourne probably only 6 places now but can be awkward to access

Joe

Hi Joe, no we haven't been for a couple of years , so must have changed, thanks for info .

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
With 3 weeks I'd head down to the med !!! Only an overnight drive and will be wonderful weather and the sea will be gorgeous. We're headed off down that way from 10th June to July 3rd. Your last week will be busy as french hols, so you could easily back up the Brittany end by then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back