LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry not sure if this is the right section...But is there any other newbies to Europe that would be interested in travelling together? Mum and I are looking to travel in Sept APPROX for 4 wks APPROX but we are flexible to plans/routes etc

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
Sorry not sure if this is the right section...But is there any other newbies to Europe that would be interested in travelling together? Mum and I are looking to travel in Sept APPROX for 4 wks APPROX but we are flexible to plans/routes etc

Yeah, I'd love to but I haven´t got a motorhome yet! And unless I win this argument with the missus about this 09´ Autotrail 634 I'm not going to be either! Yorkshire women, there´s no getting them to see sense.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yeah, I'd love to but I haven´t got a motorhome yet! And unless I win this argument with the missus about this 09´ Autotrail 634 I'm not going to be either! Yorkshire women, there´s no getting them to see sense.

Have a compromise!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Wish we could but we will be in USA for the wedding (or the party following the elopement) in September.

I've got "Back Roads France" if you want to borrow it.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If you can't find anyone to join you don't let this stop you going. Europe is not something to worry about. You can't really go wrong in France although a lot of sites will start closing from the middle of the month onwards. Just get a good book of sites, such as the Alan Rogers, AA, or Caravan Club ones to identify sites open when you need them. France has lots of Aires which are cheaper but if this is your first trip I would recommend sites. Brittany is nice, easy driving, easy shopping but weather less good than the more southern bits.

As a general rule in Europe if in touristy bits you will have a reasonable chance of finding English speakers. I've just had two weeks in some decidedly off the beaten track bits of Spain and English speakers were very rare. Spanish speakers also scarce, at least as far as written menus were concerned in the Basque and Catalonian regions. We faired better with French in some places.

Denmark is also good and you will find plenty of people who speak English. Weather could be just like home though!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This may be of interest to you.. early days yet... but hopefully it will happen.. ::bigsmile:

Broken Link Removed

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks but nothing there?????Or is it my pc????

Nor will mine now... :Sad:

If you go to the main Rally & Meets forum and click on page 10. it`s the 3rd post down = Thread heading = (Changed from "Continental" to)....
:thumb:

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp

great van,,,:thumb: love ours...

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
When you say Europe i'm not sure which part you have in mind, but I'm travelling from Portsmouth to Santander on 27th September, travelling down through Spain for about a week or so via Riaza then stopping at the aire at Portimao in the Algarve for a few weeks. It's 2.50 euros a night, no EHU but there are emptying facilities and water at 2 euros for 110 litres. There is a bar on site (well a converted single-decker bus but cheap and cheerful) and the location is excellent, next to the marina and the beach, as well as bars and restaurants. I was there the same time last year and met a lot of nice people, Brits and other nationalities. Even JJ was there winding up Man Utd supporters!

If you wanted to tag along and then do your own thing feel free to join me :thumb:

ps I'm picking my mam up from Rome airport tonight, she is visiting for a week and has picked the right time. About an hour ago there was a thunderstorm which chucked hailstones down with such force I checked the van for dents afterwards! It's her first time in Italy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for the offer , it sounds great and cheap too with a bar and beach thrown in, not too sure yet but think mum might opt for France tagging along with old mo party. Its gonna be our first time driving abroad so maybe France will be far enough for a first go. Im confident but mums very wary.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
No matter what you decide to do the best thing is to relax and have FUN!!!!!

Don't try to do too much all at once - it will be waiting to be discovered every day.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
No probs Irnbru, enjoy it wherever you end up :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We will probably be back to France September, possibly late August once the school holidays finish, we stay home while those are on. We are in France at the moment until first week in July as we have to plan round hospital appointments.

Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
europe

Also newbies this year. not going to europe this year as too many good places in scotland. Going to wild camp in Galloway forest and borders at end of june. just back from Loch Voil. Also solway area is great. Let us know if you want to meet up...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We are going beginning sept tunnel, don't know where we will end up or come back, but if you want to come over with us then do your own thing when you have the hang of it you are welcome to tag along:thumb:

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
First Timers

:active:Hi Irnbru,

like you we are first timers, not just in Europe but travelling with a MH (getting to know the lingo, already !). We are travelling early this month, otherwise it would have been ideal to 'hook up !'
We are travelling to the Loire to cycle along the river, being flexible as to where we stay and for how long hopefully, getting to know the MH way of life as we go + who knows it may become a regular thing. :Eeek:

We are looking forward to the good people on this site for their expertise in travelling to the loire and the best places to stay.

Bon voyage to you et bon chance
(not sure if grammer/spelling correct. All from my v. dated school memory bank !) :fatbuddha:

ps old-mo think your link isn't working. :active:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back