1st new van hols prob cancelled (1 Viewer)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
can't believe it. waited a shocking 6 months for our conversion to be finished, just bought acsi card, got 3 weeks off for france in 2 weeks........... dislocated my shoulder 3 days ago !!! So annoyed and sad, we were so excited :crying1: See consultant on weds but doubt sling be off for hols and even then, there'll be no cycling, canoeing, swimming. gutted !

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Ahh snowdrops, sorry to hear that, we wish you a speedy recovery and a happy (albeit different) time if you do manage to get away.

I travelled through Africa after a spinal fracture, I was doped up to the eye balls on pain relief and gin and I have vague recollections of singing gin gan goolie in my underware.

Enjoy!

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
can't believe it. waited a shocking 6 months for our conversion to be finished, just bought acsi card, got 3 weeks off for france in 2 weeks........... dislocated my shoulder 3 days ago !!! So annoyed and sad, we were so excited :crying1: See consultant on weds but doubt sling be off for hols and even then, there'll be no cycling, canoeing, swimming. gutted !
sorry to hear this,,,,hope you get better soon .....

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Lol @ mousy !!! Thanx guys, trying to keep perspective, but yep, dire :/ Bwell, the fella was driving so er nope :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Nightmare :( .....hope it works out

If you had ferry tickets etc booked and you have travel insurance at least that will be covered .......

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Bought eurotunnel one way last week, Just sorting hol ins this weekend Tamb. Wondered if they wld move to june without fee :/

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Bloody painfull,,,did mine many years ago and it was two weeks before i could drive again. Lucky it was my right shoulder because if it had been the left dont think i would have been able to change gear for quite a long time.. Good luck with recovery,,,whisky helps the pain. BUSBY:):)

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Sorry to hear that,hope you get better quickly. Puts my probs this week into perspective, one lost wheeltrim on 1st day, leaky window on 2nd day and new battery required yesterday . Still got all me faculties tho' :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You can move euro tunnel ticket online. No charge, only if it is a more expensive crossing

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
two weeks before i could drive again. Lucky it was my right shoulder because if it had been the left dont think i would have been able to change gear for quite a long time.. Good luck with recovery,,,whisky helps the pain. BUSBY:):)

Aha, my car is an automatic, so as soon as i'm allowed to lift it to shoulder height may be good to drive. No alcohol as on opiates ......... even better tho ;)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Ahh snowdrops, sorry to hear that, we wish you a speedy recovery and a happy (albeit different) time if you do manage to get away.

I travelled through Africa after a spinal fracture, I was doped up to the eye balls on pain relief and gin and I have vague recollections of singing gin gan goolie in my underware.

Enjoy!

Deffo a funster lol
lucky it wasnt put on youtube!!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
eIf my experience of a shoulder dislocation is any guide it will be a good two weeks before things begin to become something approaching normalish. But dislocations do differ in severity, so you may be lucky, or not.

I found sleeping difficult as lying down I would wake with severe pain after a few hours - to do with fluids pooling apparently. The only cure was to try and sleep sitting propped up by pillows. As recommended above, whisky helps.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Update after visit to the consultant today. All in place, no bones broken either. Got a 'soft tissue' scan next week to check that. Bit sore after visit, but shocked at how much I was allowed to move it, doing little gently exercises now and have new, proper supportive sling, instead of just a cuff, (that made me worse). Has given a 3 month hold on the obvious, cycling, kayaking, bodyboarding. However, happy for me to bounce around in a van. Decision made to cut our 3 weeks hols to 2 and do the 3 weeks next june. In the meantime we've moved our shuttle booking back a week. Gives me another full 2 weeks to progress. Hopefully may at least be able to use my DSLR while we're there :) :unsure:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh dear, sorry to hear of your problems but glad that it's better than you thought it would be.

Being nosey ... how on earth did you dislocate it?

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
Oh dear, sorry to hear of your problems but glad that it's better than you thought it would be.

Being nosey ... how on earth did you dislocate it?
I skidded on a chip on the kitchen floor :/ Bonkers !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I skidded on a chip on the kitchen floor :/ Bonkers !
A chip! I knew chips were a health hazard but somehow this 'hazard' wouldn't have been an obvious one to be aware of!!!

Perhaps more salads are the order of the day? Mind you, radish can sometimes fight back!!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sorry to hear of your dislocation and pain - but glad you are on the mend.

Little and often is the key when it comes to exercise - to the point of discomfort and no further.

At least you will get a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
It was the accompanying salad that triggered it minx !! I put a few oven french fries in the oven, dropped one on floor, but as i was also chopping cuke thought i wld pick it up when finished that, rather than have germy hands. Subsequently forgot tiny chip, which had defrosted a little by the time my foot found it :/

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
It was the accompanying salad that triggered it minx !! I put a few oven french fries in the oven, dropped one on floor, but as i was also chopping cuke thought i wld pick it up when finished that, rather than have germy hands. Subsequently forgot tiny chip, which had defrosted a little by the time my foot found it :/
Sorry but you gotta laugh:rofl:

Glad your on the mend and not too disastrous

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I broke my ankle on some wet grass.could not drive for six weeks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back