Aug 12, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Not sure!!!
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everyone

Am about to make an offer on a 1996 Hymer B564 and wondered if anyone had one and had any advice/warnings.

Also I wondered, as I'm buying it from a local caravan and motorhome dealer do I need to have the habitation check done elsewhere or is it ok to assume they will be honest and let me know of any major faults?

It has been parked up in their storage facility for a year after being taken as part ex. Smells totally fine inside. Can't see any evidence of leaks or damage.

Am test driving tomorrow then want to see EVERYTHING working.

Am I on the right lines?

All help gratefully received!

Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi Everyone

Am about to make an offer on a 1996 Hymer B564 and wondered if anyone had one and had any advice/warnings.
[HI]watch out for damp and take you own meter to check[/HI]:thumb:

Also I wondered, as I'm buying it from a local caravan and motorhome dealer do I need to have the habitation check done elsewhere or is it ok to assume they will be honest and let me know of any major faults?
[HI]youre kidding, right? no you dont have to have the hab check done by them and generally never take a salesmans word for anything. plenty of people can tell stories of damp found after the dealership said it was fine[/HI]

It has been parked up in their storage facility for a year after being taken as part ex. Smells totally fine inside. Can't see any evidence of leaks or damage.
[HI]been there a year, think rust and a big discount. your the first person in a year that wants to buy it. make a silly offer and be prepared to go home and wait for a phonecall[/HI]:thumb:

Am test driving tomorrow then want to see EVERYTHING working.
[HI]spot on but take somebody that knows mechanics and definitely check the tyres for sidewall splits and age. they dont like sitting in one place for so long[/HI]

Am I on the right lines?
[HI]yes, getting close, but keep your rational head on and dont rush in on impulse[/HI]:thumb:
[HI]
most of all enjoy the experience and if possible take a video of how it all works to be reviewed later. youre bound to have more questions[/HI]

All help gratefully received!

Thanks

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PepperPig

Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Not sure!!!
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you!

Thanks so much. Glad you said that about getting it checked elsewhere. I totally agree about the price. He dropped £2,500 from the window price as his opening offer so yes, lots of haggling to be done.

Where can I buy a damp meter and what levels am I looking for?

Sorry for so many questions!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back