Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Hi all!

We took the old beastie out today for a test run, having just bought it a few days ago, and covered a bit over 90 miles of all different kinds of road.

My thoughts: it cruises well enough (for a 1.9td) but the accelerator pedal placement seems intent on crippling me round town. The clutch pedal is higher than I'd like but I think that can be adjusted lower, but the accelerator is *awful*. I just can't get my heel on the floor and my toe on the pedal; I have to hover over it until we're up to speed then rest the right side of my foot on the edge of the wheel arch, leaving my big toe resting on the pedal. It's painful! I can't be the only one, surely?

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I and many others have had the same problem over the years, I solved my problem ,as did many others, by filling in the gulley before the pedals with a home made wooden frame with a wooden top covered with carpet so that the floor was all the same level, solved, also incorporated a hides hole for small items that I didn't want to lose.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
That makes sense; I'm going to try this in the morning. Thanks!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
another one of Fiats oversights in poor design shop.

the other is the seat is too high if you are any more than 5ft 10in and spend most of the time staring at the sun visor

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
another one of Fiats oversights in poor design shop.

the other is the seat is too high if you are any more than 5ft 10in and spend most of the time staring at the sun visor

I'm 5'11". I know what you mean. It was a relief when we found that half of the overhead area could be removed and placed on top of the other half, opening up the cab!

Upvote 0

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I and many others have had the same problem over the years, I solved my problem ,as did many others, by filling in the gulley before the pedals with a home made wooden frame with a wooden top covered with carpet so that the floor was all the same level, solved, also incorporated a hides hole for small items that I didn't want to lose.

Ditto. (y)

Upvote 0

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs

I did than in my old glendale and it made it a lot better for resting foot on the floor. The space underneath was useful as others have said for stuff like warninf triangles and munney LOL

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Molished a quick pedal plank this morning before going out for another practise run. It could have gone a bit further out under the clutch but it's a squillion times better to drive. Thanks for the idea! Mk2 will be along shortly. 20140901_182208.jpg

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Bl**dy H**l that floor looks really odd! Never seen anything like that in 42 yrs of driving. :rofl:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
Bl**dy H**l that floor looks really odd! Never seen anything like that in 42 yrs of driving. :rofl:

Fiat, innit?

"Why the driver need-a thing to rest-a the feet on when they can put-a them in this lovely trough what we make-a?"

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Fiat, innit?

"Why the driver need-a thing to rest-a the feet on when they can put-a them in this lovely trough what we make-a?"

mmmmmmmmm,is the trough for feeding the pigs perhaps? maybe a farmer designed it?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back