1993 hymer...fiat Ducato rear brake shoes...how do I go about buying them ? And what do I look for (1 Viewer)

paible

Free Member
Jan 17, 2021
Orkney
Funster No
MH
Erinlucy123
Exp
Hymer A class 1993
I’ve luckily purchased a lovely Hymer, though she needs work for MOT. Trying to find parts that I need but just to much options out there...total beginner ....thanks in advance

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I wouldn’t know but someone will be along to help , this will also bump it to the top
Think you would need to give them the model name / number

welcome to fun

Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Just ring around for quotes from garages with good reputations that have the capacity to handle the size and weight of your camper.
Prices of the brake parts differ for different brands & quality.
Ask the garage to change the brake fluid at the same time as it's hygroscopic and needs changing at regular intervals.
Ask the garage to replace your engine coolant, engine oil, oil filter, air filter at the same time unless it's been done recently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Don’t think he is looking for a garage BUT wants to identify the parts he needs to order ( unless I read it wrong )

getting parts in the Orkney isles won’t be easy

fond memories of orkney & beach races 👍

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I got my pads, discs and fitting kits from these.
Good website that lists all possible models, but then gives you the info on wheel size and calliper manufacturer, so was able to workout exactly what I required.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
Even if you van has an Al-Ko chassis the brake parts will be the same as the base vehicle. So if its built on a Fiat Ducato the brake parts will be Fiat Ducato etc. The handbrake cable will probably be different but there are a few companies that make them to order.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back