1993 5.9 cummins V belt needed part number for new belt (1 Viewer)

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Can anyone help with the correct part number i need to replace the fan belt .
Details i have are its a B 5.9 - 190hp 1993 engine number 2303021.

Unfortunately there are no numbers on my existing one .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I had an RV with the same engine.. If I recall correctly it's a poly V belt

.. I bought spares and service parts at a Cummins parts place in West Thurrock. Take the belt as a sample. with the engine number.. they should have it

Cummins Engine Company Ltd
Address:
Unit E3.
Oliver Close
West Thurrock
Essex
RM20 3EE

Tel:

Reactions: DBK
Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
If you have the old one Essex Bearings in Maldon should be able to match it for you.
01621 855222
Hall Rd, Maldon CM9 4NE

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I had an RV with the same engine.. If I recall correctly it's a poly V belt

.. I bought spares and service parts at a Cummins parts place in West Thurrock. Take the belt as a sample. with the engine number.. they should have it

Cummins Engine Company Ltd
Address:
Unit E3.
Oliver Close
West Thurrock
Essex
RM20 3EE

Tel:
Thanks for this ,I did ring them but they couldnt help as the engine number i have only has 7 diggits and they insist it needs to be 8. ?. Both the logbook and the paperwork i have has the same 7 diggits

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
At 190 hp I would imagine its a 5.9 BT. All the old Cummins B series are much the same from that area, the only difference being the B is non turbo and BT is turbo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We used to buy all our parts for our Cummings 5.9 from Rock Auto in the States, very good company to deal with. As you have all the info., and hopefully the old belt you will be able to look it up better than us. Alternatively, if you have the old belt intact, take it to an agricultural spares place, they maybe able to match it up for you.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Its best to match the old belt , probably an 8V type , dont over rely on the engine number , i carried a spare belt for my cummins for over a year, correct according to engine number , when I decided to replace rather than wait till it went , found out it was 10inchs short .
Took a couple of days to get correct belt , any good HGV motor factor should be able to sort for you .

OP
OP
PeterCarole29

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
At 190 hp I would imagine its a 5.9 BT. All the old Cummins B series are much the same from that area, the only difference being the B is non turbo and BT is turbo.
Hi yes it is a turbo .All these bits of info are a help cheers.

Its best to match the old belt , probably an 8V type , dont over rely on the engine number , i carried a spare belt for my cummins for over a year, correct according to engine number , when I decided to replace rather than wait till it went , found out it was 10inchs short .
Took a couple of days to get correct belt , any good HGV motor factor should be able to sort for you .

Before i bought the van i was told previously it had been standing in a barn for years and this is why the waterpump pully and belt tensioner have service rust that has misshaped the belt and why i want to replace it .
I have bought what i think is the right waterpump just need to eigther sand down the tensioner pulley or find a reasonably priced one. I also need a new radiater. I think i will remove the existing belt to try and match it for size. Thanks Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
most belts part number refer to the shape and length years ago a parts man wold take a look and know now days if its not on the computer they have no idea

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back