1992 Hymer B564 External Lights Problem (1 Viewer)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have a 1992 B564 2.5 turbo diesel on Fiat 290MSJ base and would appreciate some help regarding the electrical wiring and relays associated with side lights/headlights.

Yesterday on a multi-stop trip the sidelights would not always come on using the stalk switch on the steering column although they would always come on using the parking lights switch on the fascia. I have assumed that it is either a loose/corroded wiring connection or a sticky relay. Unfortunately, I do not have a decent wiring diagram for the base vehicle and do not know the location of the relays associated with the lights. There are some relays next to the fuse box in the glove compartment but do not know what each relay does.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Fiat Ducato base and maybe a diagram identifying the relays in the glove box?

I have also started this thread on the Classic Hymer Facebook group so no need to direct me there đź‘Ť

Thanks in advance.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I seem to remember that Paul Badknee has had the problem with his lights not coming on on occasions & that he had to dismantle & clean the stalk.
On my 1989 vehicle the side light s& the parking lights must have been on the same circuit as if you turned on the side lights & then pressed the parking light switch the lights actually got brighter.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Here you go:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Flamenca

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I seem to remember that Paul Badknee has had the problem with his lights not coming on on occasions & that he had to dismantle & clean the stalk.
On my 1989 vehicle the side light s& the parking lights must have been on the same circuit as if you turned on the side lights & then pressed the parking light switch the lights actually got brighter.

Thanks. I have found a wiring diagram for the light switches and, yes, the stalk switch and parking light switch both have 'outputs' to the common sidelight circuit. The only difference is that the stalk switch is connected to the ignition circuit and the parking light switch has a direct battery feed. I am considering having 'automatic on' for the sidelight circuit when the engine is running by simply installing a relay from the ignition circuit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back