1992 Fiat 1.9D Talento Dethleffs 462 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:whatthe: One question I must raise with regarding European Motorhomes. Why do MOST only fit a 2 or 3 burner Cooker and the odd occasion a Grill. Why NO Oven? :Confused:

:Cool: Unlike the US RV fitted with 3 or 4 gas rings, Full Oven and Microwave or Microwave with Convection Oven. :winky:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi johnsandywhite,
they dont fit ovens for the simple reason THEY CANT COOK :whatthe::whatthe:
they think it's only for making rost bueffe which of coase they would never make:winky::winky:
another point is: why do the italians put the TV cabinet over the dinette where you can only see it standing up??????????:roflmto::roflmto:

john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Why no oven?

They reason that I've been told is that the weather is so terrific in Mainland Europe that they always do the cooking outside on a gas barbie; apparently this is also why the (particularly) French LPs and Coachbuilts have small windows - they only go inside to sleep. Hmmm!:RollEyes:
In the UK, on the other hand, we understand the usefulness of an oven, (I for one don't do cooking in the rain :winky:) so when we buy the imported stuff there's an oven fitted (usually at the expense of some useful cupboard space - unless it is mounted above the fridge, in which case the vertically challenge, such as my missus, need to climb a step ladder to see in it). Microwave? Only any good if your on a full 16amp hook-up. Try it on some of the French and Belgian sites (often only 6 amp and sometimes less) and you could well take down half the site:Eeek:. And if you like wild or primitive camping where do you get the power?
American RVs are fine for highway and motorway driving, but in UK and Europe the scenic route can often be little more than single track roads - in fact I drive about 5 miles of such roads to get to and from my home. Even the smaller 7+ metre Winnebago is too big, nice though it is.
Still it's all down to what floats your boat in the end.

JayDee

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
BBQ most everything all year round:winky:

Only use oven for Pizza's and frozen chips:RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Microwave? Only any good if your on a full 16amp hook-up.

:Cool: NOT if you have several batteries and an Inverter to power it. :winky:

BTW. We have driven on some VERY small roads in our RV's. Never got stuck yet. Even though we have been VERY close. :Blush:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
And if you like wild or primitive camping where do you get the power?
American RVs are fine for highway and motorway driving, but in UK and Europe the scenic route can often be little more than single track roads - in fact I drive about 5 miles of such roads to get to and from my home. Even the smaller 7+ metre Winnebago is too big, nice though it is.

JayDee

Sites tend to be the stumbling box not the roads.

Where Scotlandjim lives and works at present (the Golden Lion) has a terrible access road if you approach it from the wrong way (like I did:Blush:) but we still mamnaged it.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
:Cool: NOT if you have several batteries and an Inverter to power it. :winky:

Very true... but ooh the weight.:Sad: We're already too close to our max weight - still. point taken.:winky:

BTW. We have driven on some VERY small roads in our RV's. Never got stuck yet. Even though we have been VERY close. :Blush:

So how big are you? Come to think of it we do get a bus into the village from time to time, but I guess they don't worry about the paint job too much.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back