1990 Fiat Ducato Dethliffs taps not working (1 Viewer)

RScimitar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Dethliff
Good morning folks, just bought an old timer 1990 Fiat Ducato Dethliffs, the taps are not working, the leisure battery is charged, it has the Truma boiler B100 under the driver seat, this is heating up can hear it like a kettle when the switch is put on, the water storage tank is under the passenger seat on this model, I cannot find the pump location, also the toilet pump is not working, any advice from all you experts be much appreciated as need to get this working before setting off anywhere.

OP
OP
R

RScimitar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Dethliff
pump will be either close to the tank on the outlet pipe or inside the tank most probably the latter at that age
Cheers for that, I will check that out, would the seat need to be removed to get access to the pump if it is inside the tank? The storage tank in this is under the seat and is filled just inside the door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RScimitar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Dethliff
does it have a separate switch somewhere for pump, possibly marked aux,
Thanks I will check that out, I also read up somewhere that the gas has to be connected, my bottles are empty so perhaps that might cause problems?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RScimitar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Dethliff
The toilet and water pump are normally on the same system, and controlled via a single switch.
Cheers Andy I checked the pump for the toilet no blockage and there is power going to it I checked it with the multimeter so take it the pump needs replacing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

RScimitar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Dethliff
you should still get water with out gas
our tank is under seat and the cushion lifts up
I located the pump behind the driver seat, it is the Whale subversive 921 and it really looked like it badly needed changing, rusty jubilee clips, I checked if there was power going to it and there is, so looks like that could be the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I located the pump behind the driver seat, it is the Whale subversive 921 and it really looked like it badly needed changing, rusty jubilee clips, I checked if there was power going to it and there is, so looks like that could be the problem.
If it's as old as the van, water can get past the pump's spindle seal and rust up the inside of the electric motor, seizing it up solid. A replacement will be your best bet.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Cheers Andy I checked the pump for the toilet no blockage and there is power going to it I checked it with the multimeter so take it the pump needs replacing.
If the toilet flush is an electrical switch, there will be a solenoid valve in the toilet just next to where the flush water comes out. It's not a pump, it's just an electrically operated on/off tap, it needs pressure from the main pump for the water to flow through it. You can probably hear it click open when you press the flush switch.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back