198 Tiffin Alegro - Grey waste pipe leak (1 Viewer)

paulkearnusic

Free Member
May 13, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
since 1992
Hi there - I have recently bought an 89 Tiffin Allegro and, although I love the vehicle, when I came to test out the grey waste tank, I found that the pipe (not the tank) leaked like a sieve.
Can anyone out there tell me if its a 2" or 2 1/2" pipe?

What I want to do is to find some flexible pipe that would fit over the existing pipe, cut out the leaking bits and replace it with flexible pipe.

What I don't know is what the diameter of the pipe is and can't really measure it without actually cutting out a bit and hiking round the local shops.
Problem is that, if I do that then there is no way I could try and repair the pipe (my second option).

Can anyone give me some guidance??

I was hoping to take it out for its first outing this weekend.

Thanks girls and boys :) .

Paul

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Morning

I cant tell you the size of your pipe, but I tried something similar on my first MH, it is not easy, the pipe on mine was ribbed, it actually had a spiral wire through it, so the OD became an odd size

Best bet really if it already leaks badly, cut a section out then go and match it, best options and usually cheapest will be your nearest aquatics shop, buy a length of pipe and 2 double male ended joining pieces

Hopefully that should do it

Good luck :thumb:

David

Just spotted the RV bit. This might make matching to UK pipe sizes more difficult:Doh:

Wiser replies will hopefully follow soon

Last edited:

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
You could try wrapping some gaffer tape around the pipe until you sort out a replacement ,,
Just make sure the pipe is really dry before applying the tape

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
........when I came to test out the grey waste tank, I found that the pipe (not the tank) leaked like a sieve.............

Paul

well, there are 'some' on here who would say that wasn't an issue.. in fact a bonus.. you can spray the road as you drive.. :roflmto:

seriously..don't mess about trying to repair a pipe.. I would replace the lot... look on line or in a local pool or pond shop.. or..

try this RV Dealer.. well known on the RV forums.. his name is Duncan.. (Dunc) give him a call and I'm sure he will be able to help

Star Spangled Spanner

Sewer Hose and fittings

do it right.. do it once.. :thumb:

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
seriously..don't mess about trying to repair a pipe.. I would replace the lot... look on line or in a local pool or pond shop.. or..

do it right.. do it once.. :thumb:

Totally agree, if possible to change it all, on mine though the offending split pipe appeared out of the bottom of my MH from the shower / bathroom through a mastic sealed hole. To change it all would have meant taking out the shower tray:Eeek:

2 joints and an infill piece sometimes could be best :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back