LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
One families heirloom has now turned into another families. Its a rocky road you have been on, with little light, but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel now. Your grandchildren will thank you for the perseverance and tenacity that you have shown with this project. You have my greatest respect :thumb:.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
she is truly looking like the grand old lady that she deserves to be now. not too much left and you will soon be booking a ship to get her home to you. or are you planning on an extended holiday touring the us first

one big question though...are you getting the wheels powder coated or sprayed, and what colour have you chosen?

really cant get over how perfect she is looking now...well done you and the guys doing the work:thumb:

OP
OP
K

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
she is truly looking like the grand old lady that she deserves to be now. not too much left and you will soon be booking a ship to get her home to you. or are you planning on an extended holiday touring the us first

one big question though...are you getting the wheels powder coated or sprayed, and what colour have you chosen?

really cant get over how perfect she is looking now...well done you and the guys doing the work:thumb:

Going for the Dicor stainless covers (can't afford polished rims). No money to go over and use it in the US before shipping either (chance of a lifetime and I think I'm going to really regret that one).

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
that would be a real shame to miss the opportunity to use the bus in the states before bringing her home. plus it would be a good idea to do a shakedown trip whilst still near the workshop in case anything doesn't quite work as it should and where parts are slightly easier to obtain. I am certain you wont have many issues with the build, but she is still an old bus under the pretty paint and things will show up when she is first used again. might actually save you some money in the long run, and wont cost much more in the grand scheme of things

just a few random thoughts, don't forget to have the workshop leave in a few good sized offcuts of the wood they are using for facing the cabinets, as matching it later in the uk if you need to adjust something wont be too easy. oh and put the wheeltrims and anything else like it inside the bus when you ship it. avoids having them scratched by chains when strapping down or disappearing in the worst case

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Its now "coming to life again" when its finished I think the family will shed a tear over the pictures .
you had better get use to people asking questions because when you stop anywhere in that you are going to draw a crowd, everyone is going to stare with an open mouth and a smile as you pass by.
I think so far what you have show us is brilliant, people are going to want to look everywhere you are going to need a board outside with pictures and the resto story when you use it or you will be answering questions all day::bigsmile:.
thank you for the update its getting exciting now:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
As Kerry has not been here since 2nd May, one of his later posts on RVOC back early October.

Mine looks like a lost cause. I'll update the forum when I'm able to. Don't want to say anything that could legally bite me in the a*se in the future.

Think we all wish him luck
Adrian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back