180+ Days insurance for IQ in Europe (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Good Morning All,
The insurance on my IQ just jumped up by 20% on renewal so I cancelled.

Can anyone recommend a Company that offers good extended cover for Europe that remains competitive? 1.1 IQ , 60% no claims surely the cost should be reasonable Saga got to £350.

I realize the Compare websites are the way to go but experienced guidance can be better.

Thanks,
Brian.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I can only offer my own experience. Comfort appeared the way to go with their claim to offer 365 days/year European cover.

Buried in the small print was a clause that said this only covered you if you were away from your van for no more than 36 hours, despite having disclosed that we live in Portugal for part of the year. A preposterous exclusion, and differed from their highly misleading advertising. When this was queried they were unresponsive about how much my annual premium would be if I cancelled, and told me that I would not get back any element of my legal cover or my breakdown cover.

Feeling let down and unable to speak with anyone with authority or common sense, we cancelled. AIB were extremely responsive and offered us up to 6 months a year cover at our other home, and for £20 less on a like for like basis

It seems some brokers simply offer policies from the one insurer. Comfort seems to be one of them, and this means they don't shop around. AIB took the trouble to do so for us, therefore I commend them for their flexibility. £350 with 60% NCB

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
No problem, I confer about Comfort though, I had a similar issue I received the Documentation and realized immediately the Insurance didn't cover my needs and I been deceived basically, it cost me about £160 to cancel the policy after only a few days.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Toyota IQ
2012/12 Plate
Comprehensive cover unlimited use in Europe.
Breakdown comprehensive offering full return home cover. The cover is about as comprehensive as breakdown cover can get,
Car is absolutely comprehensively covered while being towed on an A frame. Insurer confirmed this in writing for the avoidance of doubt.

Old git (59) with no points and never had a claim.

Cost was £168 for the car

Breakdown cover is for all our vehicles though the insurer. As above it really is extremely comprehensive. It covers all our cars and any car either my wife or I am travelling in. This our cars. We have two Toyota IQs a Toyota Rav4 and the Motor home. All are covered with the same level so top cover.

Breakdown insurance was less than £100

The insurer is Liverpool Victoria. or LV .

Brilliant company and DO NOT increase the cost of cover after the first year. UK call centres and amazing customer service. When it came to me asking for written confirmation that the IQ was covered while being towed and all the complexities that some feel go with it (There are none actually) LV confirmed every detail in writing and we carry copies wherever we go .

HTH.....................................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back