180 days in Spain it’s possible. (1 Viewer)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I hope you post about your trip again. Although Beni isn't for us, you always find some great places/things to do and write a good read 👍🏻
Thanks for those kind words. I always say when we arrive at Villasol - I won’t start a thread this year……but by the end of the first day I am so happy, I can’t help but spread the love! :love:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
In my experience receipts from petrol stations and S/Markets fade in about 4 weeks. I suppose the answer is to photo them on one's phone.
Here when you buy any item they usually tell you to make sure you photocpy the receipt in full to ensure that it is legible if you need to claim under the guarantee in years to come

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
A good read - my source was from El Pais' version of the truth - a 2020 article/story.

I think when I posted this last year I scratched my head on how accurate KPIs for footprint vs spend could be...

As mentioned above, and as Tanya and I expand our knowledge of living in Spain, our experience (for what it's worth) is that Spain as country likes / loves the Brits; and we do contribute to their economy.

However, we do think it's a bit of a myth (and of course we may be wrong) that Brit's are considered more important to the Spanish economy than other nations.

As an example, in our area of the Alicante region, local estate agents are struggling to find (new) properties to sell due to the Scandinavia take up - allegedly Brits are starting to buy and even resale stock is limited.

Local residents have lost their discounted rates at Golf courses due to Scandinavian / Belgium players booking long term / taking up all tee times and are willing to pay top $.

Bringing the discussion back to the OP, IMHO the 90/180 rule is dated and in time I do think this will change - although I'm unsure how far up the t'o-do list' it would be considering likely other topics on 'that list'....

BTW we have heard from a few persons that they have managed to obtain the extended visa; but the hoops and demonstration of available funds (£30k-£50K) over the required years was considerable.

Perhaps a feel good factor / change to 90/180 will emerge next year......

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
I’m not sure where Brits come in the spending league and I’m fairly confident no one on this forum does either 😉.
But I do know the Brit spend is huge and probably quite localised.
If that spend is significantly reduced a lot of jobs are lost and it does end up having a big impact………especially if you’re one of the families affected.
Now over to the experts here and in Spain👌

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
A good read - my source was from El Pais' version of the truth - a 2020 article/story.

I think when I posted this last year I scratched my head on how accurate KPIs for footprint vs spend could be...

As mentioned above, and as Tanya and I expand our knowledge of living in Spain, our experience (for what it's worth) is that Spain as country likes / loves the Brits; and we do contribute to their economy.

However, we do think it's a bit of a myth (and of course we may be wrong) that Brit's are considered more important to the Spanish economy than other nations.

As an example, in our area of the Alicante region, local estate agents are struggling to find (new) properties to sell due to the Scandinavia take up - allegedly Brits are starting to buy and even resale stock is limited.

Local residents have lost their discounted rates at Golf courses due to Scandinavian / Belgium players booking long term / taking up all tee times and are willing to pay top $.

Bringing the discussion back to the OP, IMHO the 90/180 rule is dated and in time I do think this will change - although I'm unsure how far up the t'o-do list' it would be considering likely other topics on 'that list'....

BTW we have heard from a few persons that they have managed to obtain the extended visa; but the hoops and demonstration of available funds (£30k-£50K) over the required years was considerable.

Perhaps a feel good factor / change to 90/180 will emerge next year......
I totally agree with you about Brits believing that they are more important to the Spanish tourist trade than other nations, but 12% is still quite a large chunk of it.

I'm not sure what effect the 90/180 rule actually has on tourism, Covid has obviously had a much greater effect and the majority of revenue to the tourism would be from people coming for short periods anyway.

It would be good to see the 90/180 day ruling change as it will affect some people who have second homes or want to spend the colder months touring away from the UK, it probably won't have much of an impact to the tourist trade in general. Personally it doesn't really affect us, as we tend to go to our house in Spain during spring and autumn, just that now our dates are not quite as flexible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I’m not sure where Brits come in the spending league and I’m fairly confident no one on this forum does either 😉.
But I do know the Brit spend is huge and probably quite localised.
If that spend is significantly reduced a lot of jobs are lost and it does end up having a big impact………especially if you’re one of the families affected.
Now over to the experts here and in Spain👌
I'm not one to get into arguments, but will say the business hardest hit are mostly english owned and depend on english customers, in 19 years of coming here we have been in such establishments a handful of times, since living here we tried a few different so called tradesmen, many trained on the ferry coming over, only two have been used more than once, their rates are more but if I'm happy with their work it's not a problem. 🤔
Janie uses a English hair dresser. 😁 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back