18-19 foot motorhome but not a van conversion (1 Viewer)

kezweez

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Saving Up!
Exp
Hopefully starting 2013
Hi all

My first post!

We are not yet motorhomers but the piggy bank is getting quite porky hopefully to make a purchase next year.

Have spent hours reseraching on the internet after starting by visiting the UK autumn fair at newark this year and only realising afterwards that it made sense to measure the driveway first to see what would fit!!!:Doh:

We like the idea of the swing shower wall and are looking for something up to four years old we think.

So far, have found the Auto-sleepers Nuevo/Lancashire at 5.63m and the Autocruise Starfire/Jolliet at 5.77m. This is the longest that we could fit on the driveway.

Any other recommendations or suggestions? We have friends with a Hymer 508 but they are wayyyyyy out of our budget!!! We're looking at a max of £30K if it's an outstanding vehicle.

Also, what sort of cheeky offer wouldn't be considered rude?! We have seen a beautiful vehicle which ticks all the boxes but is over budget at £34,995 although this seems to be about £3-4K cheaper than Traders such as Marquis sell for a very similar vehicle. What could I realistically expect to pay for it, cash with no part ex?

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Try 10% off, brings it down to about what your budget will stretch to & I use it as a rough rule of thumb for Property / vehicle buying. Another thing in your favour is the time of year, cash buyer near Christmas (like Rocking horse s**t)
good luck!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Offer low, they can always say no, and you can go up. If you offer 32k and they jump at it, you will kick yourself!

Craig

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi, our Swift Bolero 600 EK Compact ticks all our boxes, 5.9m long, easy to park, and luckily the origional owner ticked all the accessories list when ordering, so a great benefit to us.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'd suggest the same as the others, .. make an offer below £30k.. that gives you a bid of bargaining space..

As an aside, just out of curiosity, why have you ruled out a panel van conversion ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kezweez

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Saving Up!
Exp
Hopefully starting 2013
Thanks for your replies.

Sadly, 'the ticks all boxes' vehicle has now sold :Sad:

ScotJimland - I can't even remember now why we ruled out a PVC. I think it was that we weren't keen on the sliding door option. Having looked again, the Trigano Tribute 650 is the closest thing to what we're looking for but sadly is too long for the driveway. 6m is too long, we're really looking at a max of 5.75m as we don't want to have to put it into storage when we get one

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back