13 amp sockets in my 2014 N + B Arto 88f (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I have been concentrating on my 12 volt system due to issues for some time but now I am away and actually using the van I find that all the 13 amp sockets are either upside down with the earth socket at the bottom or the wrong way around where there is a a spring mounted cover and the cable coming out of the socket is then being pushed away from the socket by the spring loaded cover.

Has nobody ever told the Germans how to instal our sockets or is it just my van? I am going to have to try and turn them all around as they are driving me nuts!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Should be quite easy I think Robert, I think one of ours might be sideways but where it is it is low down by the table so it is sort of right as the cable usually comes up to the table, then of the others I think two were UK dealer fitted as they don't match:LOL: and the other two I fitted so they are right of course;)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Bless 'em, they just don't understand.

Never noticed until today, we have an outdoor socket at the front of the house... A round jobby which takes a special round 3 pin plug with a screw ring securing it to the socket and waterproofing it. Used to be for the pond pump.
A German sparky must have fitted that as well.... Its upside down if you plug a regular plug in.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Care. Would the lead then foul a drawer or cupboard.?

We have sideways sockets and can see the reason

I could understand that if it was the case but I can't see one example in our van where that would be the case and every socket is, at present, diametrically opposite to the logical and most sensible way round!

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Should be quite easy I think Robert, I think one of ours might be sideways but where it is it is low down by the table so it is sort of right as the cable usually comes up to the table, then of the others I think two were UK dealer fitted as they don't match:LOL: and the other two I fitted so they are right of course;)

Martin

Something to amuse me when I have nothing better to do which might be some way off the way things are looking at present!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We had all our sockets converted from European to UK by our German N&B dealer
All were fitted the right way round

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Always leave my Hymers with the European sockets. Most of the things we use in the van have Euro plugs.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The build quality on your niesmann seems to be going down all the time, what year is it?

2014 - At the end of the day these are just niggles but I shall write and tell them so that hopefully they can improve further!

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We had all our sockets converted from European to UK by our German N&B dealer
All were fitted the right way round

Always leave my Hymers with the European sockets. Most of the things we use in the van have Euro plugs.

This is a British ordered N + B delivered by Travelworld to a UK customer! It's not an import and is RHD with UK 3 pin sockets everywhere but all fitted either upside down or the wrong way round!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back