12volt kettle (1 Viewer)

Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
First one 3 days ago!!!!!
Is there such a thing that is worth using if wild camping?

I suspect not.. but my wife would love to know if it is worth it as opposed to kettle on the gas stove. It is for the early morning wake up for my wife as I might be snoozing..... Prob not... But who knows .. lol

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
12V kettle equals forever coming to the boil and a drain on the batteries as it does it, whilst wild camping, :gum:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Wow ok.... I did answer my own question but great to hear rather than ponder.... Thanks all.l

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
The energy required is very expensive, if generated inefficiently from a diesel engine, compared to gas.
Use electricity sparingly, for light and recharging electronic devices. Never squander it on heat, even if you benefit from solar.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
This was discussed quite recently: https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/12v-kettle.222579/

Perceived wisdom is that it takes a very long time, your 12V wiring isn't going to be happy with it, and you'll take a fair bit out of the battery doing it.

To be honest, in a Motorhome, once one person is up the other, unless they really are the "dead to everything" type is going to be aware, so just opening drawers to get the cups for that morning tea will be disturbing. Boiling a gas kettle is a small issue, and if it's too bad, use a thermos from the night before.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Better off with the old whistler and it’ll warm your van while your waiting.
Top tip fill the cups your going to use and fill the kettle then add 1/2 cup more note the level of the water for next time.
No point filling the kettle to full unless your going to use all of the hot water.

OP
OP
R
Aug 17, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Conversion
Exp
Lol fair enough

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We use a jug type thermos for saving any surplus kettle hot water . OK for the next cuppa or for washing up etc. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back