12V supply not working (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
I have a 2006 Fiat Ducato Motorhome, yesterday the main vehicle battery died and needed jump starting. Since the jumpstart when I plug into the site power only the 230V appliances work ( Fridge and plug sockets), all the 12V stuff, interior lights, waterpump etc are dead. I was advised it may be a duff leisure battery so changed for a new one with no difference. there appears to be power going to the "Electroblok" behind the drivers seat which controls all the 12V bits but no power coming out. Can anyone advise as to a possible solution. Many thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There will be two fuses by the Leisure battery a 50 amp maxi blade fuse that feeds the main power to the EBL and a 2 amp one for the sensing circuit. If the 2 amp is blown the EBL will not turn on.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Is it an actual Electroblock - a blue Schaudt EBL with a model number - or a different manufacturer of distribution box, with its own model number? They are all very similar in function, but different in the details.

It's worth thinking about getting a cheap multimeter - you can get one for less than a tenner from a DIY shed - so you can check voltages at strategic places. If the leisure battery is 12.2 to 12.8V, chances are it's fine, and the problem is elsewhere. Measuring DC voltages up to 40V is easy and safe - if you're not sure, let us know. Or there's always youtube.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back