12v Smart TV to run Plex server? (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Black Friday got good deals on ÂŁ45 off at moment once you know what you want

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Do you mean the Plex Client? as the Plex server normally goes on a pc somewhere which then hooks into your personal collection of whatever (music/films etc) and then you connect to this server using the client which can come bundled on a smart tv etc?

Thats how mine works anyway, i can install the client say on my phone and connect to it using that then either transfer the pic to a tv using something like google chromecast if android phone or an adaptor that connects to the iphone then to the tv if ios.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Do you mean the Plex Client? as the Plex server normally goes on a pc somewhere which then hooks into your personal collection of whatever (music/films etc) and then you connect to this server using the client which can come bundled on a smart tv etc?

Thats how mine works anyway, i can install the client say on my phone and connect to it using that then either transfer the pic to a tv using something like google chromecast if android phone or an adaptor that connects to the iphone then to the tv if ios.
You are of course correct I do mean the clients

Reactions: zac
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry can't help with the smart 18" 12v TV, but an Amazon Firestick or the like can run the Plex client.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back