12v shutdown on niesmann bischoff flair HELP (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
This will only help, if at all, in eliminating possibilities:
The Carthago/CBE manuals that I have do not disclose any sort of specified 'start up' procedures.
Mine has a single huge manual switch, which as far as I can see disconnects the leisure batteries completely. The instructions say to turn it off whenever the vehicle is not used for two weeks, which implies that everything should restart automatically when it's switched on again.

Good luck!

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Sorry to hear about this.
Is there a Hab battery isolation switch somewhere that has been used and then forgotten?
Is there a fuse near the Hab batteries that needs resetting?

Is there any sign at all that 12V is arriving at the CBE box? Can you use a multimeter to see if the big think black/red wires going in have 12V on them?

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
What a day i have had as you no i was waiting for a call from chris at reliance today and bad luck or just a jinx we had a power cut for the first time in years no phone no internet can it get any worse .:D:D:D
Teresa

Always keep an el cheapo, something like this, in a draw, to plug into the master socket during power cuts, of which we get quiet a few. :gum:

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
NB Germany say there is no reset procedure What I really want to no is why this has happened if they no about this why don’t they rectify it of course it’s all money but if they had warned this could happen if batteries went down I would of kept a very carefull eye on it henhouse these things are sent to try us and our bank accounts.

Teresa

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
NB Germany say there is no reset procedure What I really want to no is why this has happened if they no about this why don’t they rectify it of course it’s all money but if they had warned this could happen if batteries went down I would of kept a very carefull eye on it henhouse these things are sent to try us and our bank accounts.

Teresa
Did they offer any view as to what the problem is/might be, I imagine they have seen similar before.

I didn't think there was a reset as the instructions say that it just comes back on when the voltage is back above 12.5v, Does you panel light up at all now without the SOS fuse in and does it show a voltage at all.

Martin

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
if they had warned this could happen if batteries went down I would of kept a very carefull eye on it

Unless I have missed something the cause of the problem is unknown.
All we really know is that a system that used to work was left with batteries that ran down and died, and it hasn't worked since.

Are you 100% sure the new batteries are in the right way around and supplying 12V to the CBE unit?
Have you verified this with a multimeter?

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Unless I have missed something the cause of the problem is unknown.
All we really know is that a system that used to work was left with batteries that ran down and died, and it hasn't worked since.

Are you 100% sure the new batteries are in the right way around and supplying 12V to the CBE unit?
Have you verified this with a multimeter?
That was my thoughts too... unless its verified that 12V are arriving at the control panel, how do we know its "not working"?
I was thinking that a fuse between batteries & panel may be the cause..

Some pictures of the panel and its wiring at the back + the dist/fuse boxes too would help no end as well I think..

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
GPW we are sure everything was good it was checked and double checked .We have now taken out both suspects and they will be collected tomorrow hopefully sorted by next week or so .
Martin no no explanation yet maybe when they have had a look don’t really want to put repaired or new replacements in only to find another problem caused this .Really can’t stand anymore drama .

Teresa

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Sorry, just to add that I have a EuraMobil with CBE kit in it, so might be able to compare notes if I know what I'm comparing it with...

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Do you not have to put the amperage of the batteries into the control panel? Not got the same system but heard of it on some systems

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Don't know whether the following link will be helpful to the OP but the problems seem to be similar.

The post by Dr Dave dated 3 Feb 2016 @ 9.14 am (about post #25) refers to the multiplexed data signal between the CBE distrubution box and control panel. He seems to suggest, once the leisure batteries are fully charged, disconnect the power from the batteries for at least 10 minutes, then reconnect.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.u...orhome-Matters/CBE-PC200-control-panel/40668/

Mar 19, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
Hi our 2005 Concordes CBE Panel packed in last year. The internal backup battery tends to leak in old age and did lots of damage to the PCB.
The man you need to email is David at

leisureelectronicrepairs@gmail.com

He is really busy so responds better to emails.
He’s totally reliable and will repair down to component level. Just give him a detailed description of what’s happening.
Apologies for not recommending this company before.
Hope he can sort your problem,
Andy

jeffmossy

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Funster No
It is a fuse ! , my Auto trail did the same thing ALL the symptoms you have got, and I looked every ware same as you , and was really puzzled until I found a inline fuse about 12" away from the leisure batteries , replaced the fuse and all ok now

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi our 2005 Concordes CBE Panel packed in last year. The internal backup battery tends to leak in old age and did lots of damage to the PCB.
The man you need to email is David at

leisureelectronicrepairs@gmail.com

He is really busy so responds better to emails.
He’s totally reliable and will repair down to component level. Just give him a detailed description of what’s happening.
Apologies for not recommending this company before.
Hope he can sort your problem,
Andy

Good info, how are you finding the quality of the Concorde, we also have a 2005 Concorde A class.

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
Hi,
I had a similar problem a month ago.
I had turned off all the electrics on my motor for 2 months while I was away - including the master switch.
When I came back although all the battery meter showed full the camper would not start.
I plugged the camper into the mains for 24 hours and then everything was working again.
I have a battery master fitted which diverts power to the battery when needed and I was told it was out of sync. Because I had turned all the electrics off.
Corrected itself within 24 hours.
Hope this helps.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Interesting Thread, sorry to hear of it as it really does cause a lot of anguish. I cant add a lot not being familar with CBE or N&B

Despite all the resets and advice are you absolutely sure that the batteries are good, whats the voltage and is that voltage getting to where it should?
I think by now you have sent parts away for repair but do let us know how it all pans out.
Again, our sympathies
Mike & Ann

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Thanks Martin for the update.
So it now looks like regardless of any Engineering company having the knowledge & Skills to repair anything down to component level, unless they are privie to the software downloads/updates they are screwed, therefore the client is also.
It looks like CBE either wont or cannot offer a software update/download to any external source either.
I know it has been frustrating to say the least for@Abicist it certainly as been a roller coaster ride for him, but at least he was covered for the most part of the costs.
I wonder how he got on fitting the new units when and IF they arrived.
Fingers crossed for him.
Les

Still waiting for the new control panel and distribution board to arrive! Grrrrr!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
My units they normally reckon to replace a few components on the printed circuit boards and they are good as new and happy to warrant them for 12 months.

On mine the processor had been fried by a spike so they couldn't repair them as they didn't have access to the software, hence the need to buy new units.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I suspect your charger is fine - mine was. My control board was absolutely dead and I proved that I had power over 12.5 volts at the distribution board from the re-charged batteries. Worth a try with Apuljack or similar as if they can fix its £220 + VAT. They will then only charge you a test fee of an hours labour plus the price of new units if new ones are required. Worth a punt and should be quicker without a warranty company involved.

KiwiGT

Free Member
May 5, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Can i ask why you wouldnt take it to travelworld please

They sell motorhomes, but from what I understand and have heard, they seem to know very little about them. My opinion only.
They are brilliant. UK franchisee for N+B. They are the only ones I’d take it to. I’ve used them before and bought from them. Their expertise on N+B is impressive.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Allan at www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk is very good at this sort of thing and will help over the phone if you are having difficulties. They also repair most brands too. He is a genuine guy and does not over charge for services.

Allan has limited experience of CBE systems as they rarely go wrong ???

Besides, Allan is very ill, fighting cancer, so probably best not to add to his health problems.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Allan has limited experience of CBE systems as they rarely go wrong ???

Besides, Allan is very ill, fighting cancer, so probably best not to add to his health problems.
Beat me to it, exactly what I was going to say, Hope Alan is coping with his serious illness, as last time we spoke he was having Chemo therapy, he did so much to sort out peoples Electrobloc's & chargers, he was even a mobile service coming out to campsites if local enough.
Best wishes to Alan.
Les

Aug 30, 2011
Gresham, North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544SL
Exp
12 years
Gosh...how very sad!
Even though he may not deal with CBE systems, I have no doubt he would have come forth with some useful suggestions to try.
Yes, very best wishes to Allan.

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ok here is what’s happening so far Wednesday night we drove to Somerset and got a site on Thursday morning 10 minuts away from apuljacks took the extra box they had asked for so far they haven’t given a deffinate decision on what’s wrong so tomorrow we are ringing them to find out if we have moved forward I am a little worried they don’t no what problem is so we are staying here for the foreseeable future as we don’t really have many options.Only a little peed off we shall see time will tell,. Sorry internet is intermittent so will let you no what’s happening ASAP when I get internet

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just back from Apuljacks they think its the fuse box so are ringing me today to let me no the price then when they get it they can test the control panel so may then have to order that then we are going back so they can refit it because we dont no what has caused this to happen in the first place the chap at apuljacks is not sure it was batteries to blame so we dont want to put it all back together and it blows again so will let them do it just in case.Anyway dosnt look like this will be sorted till May but we have decided we have just used the van for a week with no power and managed ok so we will still be on the road one way or another .

Teresa

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just back from Apuljacks they think its the fuse box so are ringing me today to let me no the price then when they get it they can test the control panel so may then have to order that then we are going back so they can refit it because we dont no what has caused this to happen in the first place the chap at apuljacks is not sure it was batteries to blame so we dont want to put it all back together and it blows again so will let them do it just in case.Anyway dosnt look like this will be sorted till May but we have decided we have just used the van for a week with no power and managed ok so we will still be on the road one way or another .

Teresa
I like your style(y)

Martin

OP
OP
sillybug
Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Quick update we are now around 6 weeks since our problems started Apuljack in Somerset have been really good but we paid for the fuse box over two weeks ago but no decision when it would arrive origanally we were told 2 weeks now being told may not arrive till middle of July can’t believe it would take this long getting really fed up with this really bad service from suppliers .Gutted

Teresa

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back