12v radio ? (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Not 12v, but I have a TESCO DAB radio which runs from a cig. socket phone charger, which IMV is even handier!
what is the reception like do you need an external aerial. The DAB radio in my doblo has failed was listening to it, got out to pick up some eggs when I got back in it was saying no service. Really fed up it took me weeks to sort it out and tune it all in. Have a windscreen aerial

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
what is the reception like do you need an external aerial. The DAB radio in my doblo has failed was listening to it, got out to pick up some eggs when I got back in it was saying no service. Really fed up it took me weeks to sort it out and tune it all in. Have a windscreen aerial

It would depend what your van walls are made of. Metal bad, plastic good.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Ours is on the kitchen windowsill at the back of the house, no problems at all. I have three DAB radios in various locations, and if they drop out I switch to FM until reception is restored.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Doblo is metal, the installed DAB radio worked ok till it decided there was 'no service' we have ac ouple of DAB radios in the house both work fine with wire aerial extended. for FM on doblo can ony get local radio as the outside aerial came off one day, think it had got caught a couple of times on a height barrier. will try taking one of the radios from home and see if I can get a signal, will have a look too for the radio instructions, know i have the booklet somewhere. am missing my radio 4, never thought I would ever say that :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back