Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Got my eye on a 12v Sky Pacebox my question is will my Skycard from home work in this box or do I need another card. Also will it work abroad or will I need to keep my current 12v satellite box for when we're in Europe.?

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
My card from home works in my pace 12v box I get all my normal channels.I believe that you won't get sports and movies but I don't subscribe to them anyway so that dosnt bother me

Last edited:

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
freesat and basic subscription only

so if you subscribe to sports and films its a no go but you can simply log into mysky enter the box info and boom thats it married up card and box
then repeat when u come home,,,,, 5 mins does the trick,,,:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to get the same package as at home, the card needs to be paired to the box. this means plugging it in and connecting to the dish and phone line at home then phoning in and giving sky the serial of the box and card. when you get home have it paired back to your usual box. personally i subscribe to an extra room box at £10 a month and take that away in the van.

as for getting sky abroad, check the updates on the other threads about big changes in reception in southern europe. you used to be able to get sky well down to the med coast but not any more

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
to get the same package as at home, the card needs to be paired to the box. this means plugging it in and connecting to the dish and phone line at home then phoning in and giving sky the serial of the box and card. when you get home have it paired back to your usual box. personally i subscribe to an extra room box at £10 a month and take that away in the van.

as for getting sky abroad, check the updates on the other threads about big changes in reception in southern europe. you used to be able to get sky well down to the med coast but not any more

if the sky deal with box is less than a year old and the deal was a free box with fone line then yes the box needs to be connected to fone kline if more than a year then the box and card without fone luine can be paired threw logging on to mysky pairing cards with box, its simple i do hundreds a year because my business involves supplying sky cards and boxs if required to customers outside the uk who dont have address in the uk ,
an anual hosting fee is charged to the customer for this service and the customer pays sky for the monthly subscription only, i can supply sky ROI which has setanta sports on it incl bt sports , setanta has the main EPL 3Pm saturday game every saturday,, if customers change there box we log in using id and marry card and box up 3 mins,,done,, :thumb::thumb:

Saint76

Free Member
Jan 10, 2014
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
8years
TV And Satellite Sky Box

I am having Sky multi room installed this week with a view to putting in M/H whilst away in Europe I have the full Sky package sports and movies as I didn't want to miss the world cup games at silly "O clock in the morning a lot of the games will be on at 12-00 midnight or later in Europe watch them next morning on which ever station has the coverage and watching with a French , Dutch , German ,Spainish commentary is not the same I struggle at times to understand Jamie Gallagher or even Carragher.
From what's being said are there any Funsters who can up date us POOR souls left to deal with the British weather!!!! As to the Sky reception around Europe..:whatthe:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we have a spare sky card single cost of £20 plus postage which give you all the sky free view channels we use in the van as we have cancelled our main sky account and now use Freesat at home.

in fact any secondhand sky card will do off fleebay as long as its active. but you will not get the subscription channels.

used ours all over France to date. will see what happens with the sat changes.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Doesn't matter now didn't get the pace box it trebled in price in the last 15 seconds.
Have Sky multiroom but no pace box wanted it because it was 12v and we spend lots of time off grid. Never mind keep looking unless someone has one for sale.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Doesn't matter now didn't get the pace box it trebled in price in the last 15 seconds.
Have Sky multiroom but no pace box wanted it because it was 12v and we spend lots of time off grid. Never mind keep looking unless someone has one for sale.

I have a spare but I haven't got 12v lead for it .I had two but the other went with my Autotrail and the TEC came with one in. :Smile:You can buy the leads for them though if you are interested pm me.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am having Sky multi room installed this week with a view to putting in M/H whilst away in Europe I have the full Sky package sports and movies as I didn't want to miss the world cup games at silly "O clock in the morning a lot of the games will be on at 12-00 midnight or later in Europe watch them next morning on which ever station has the coverage and watching with a French , Dutch , German ,Spainish commentary is not the same I struggle at times to understand Jamie Gallagher or even Carragher.
From what's being said are there any Funsters who can up date us POOR souls left to deal with the British weather!!!! As to the Sky reception around Europe..:whatthe:
Have a read through this thread as there are quite a few reports of loss of service towards the end
Broken Link Removed

it seems than anywhere lower than half way down france and effectively you lose reception. obviously if you carry a 6ft or 8ft dish with you it will be different but for the average person with standard dish or satellite dome it looks a bit grim

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi,
We have used our Pace 12v for the past 10yrs all over Europe, brilliant piece of Kit, run it off the invertor No Probs. We are on the extended Sky package, that's without 'Sports etc' When at home we use the card in 3 separate Boxes, just move it about several Rooms. We where informed by a friendly Sky source that any Up-Grade! and we would probably lose the existing Set Up. ( Sky up to Benidorm, that was a couple of year ago)
Rule is... If its working.. don't try and Fix it!!
Best Regards Mac

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have a 12v box and a $20 one off payment to sky for a white card. Worked brilliantly but I now have a problem with my set up for some reason. ..

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I have a spare but I haven't got 12v lead for it .I had two but the other went with my Autotrail and the TEC came with one in. :Smile:You can buy the leads for them though if you are interested pm me.

Will send you a pm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back