Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I use one directly into the van, bypassing the 12v adaptor

You can get 5V ones that will run off a USB/cigarette lighter adaptor. E.G

Best check first, though
Make sure you check, as i have an M"8 box that is 5v and that doesnt work from usb or cigarette adaptor. If you find one let me know, I have a WD Live Box that works with a USB adaptor and an external 2tb hard drive attached as the next best option, i usually pre load all the films/tv shows on the hard drive and watch this way. I have not been able to get a 12v kodi box though but the amazon firestick will work with Kodi on it as i have tried this also in the motorhome powered via a usb lead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Amazon firestick works off USB and if you have a tv with a USB socket you can plug it into that, all self contained, no more wires or transformers needed(y), and if you have an Amazon prime account you get Amazon tv as well

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Also obviously when you think about it, if it runs off USB, all you need is a 12 volt to USB converter, and lo and behold it's working on twelve volt(y):) that's the answer to the original question in one.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Also obviously when you think about it, if it runs off USB, all you need is a 12 volt to USB converter, and lo and behold it's working on twelve volt(y):) that's the answer to the original question in one.
I thought this so i brought an adaptor which fits the box and a 12v cigarette socket the other end but it wouldn't work. Thought it was the box to start with but works with plug. Now i might have done something wrong which is why it didn't work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back