Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
coleman
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
im a newbie
My 12v electrics in my bessacarr have me beaten - not difficult. Lights and water pump work but water heater and plug sockets don't. Have changed all fuses but still the same problem. On top if this fridge won't work on mains electric. Fed up

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I realise you cant reply but.......

What fuses have you changed ?....there are no fuses for the 230v circuits, only circuit breakers/trip switches in the 230v main fuse box.

Obviously230v socket outlets and water heater only work on 230v...not 12v (battery)

As the fridge wont work on hookup as wel i would say the main breaker in the 230v fusebox has tripped....which also means your battery charger isnt working either.

To geive us more info or ask questions you need to part with £10 to become a full member....it will repay you many times over in money saving advice and help.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
My 12v electrics in my bessacarr have me beaten - not difficult. Lights and water pump work but water heater and plug sockets don't. Have changed all fuses but still the same problem. On top if this fridge won't work on mains electric. Fed up

It sounds like the 12V electrics are working fine. It is the 230V ones that have you beat. Something is stopping the 230V getting to your appliances. Check the hookup cable. Check the circuit breakers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001

There is obviously much confusion here between 12V and 240V electrics.

I assume that you were on ehu when you tried to get thind to work!

First check that there is 240V at the van end of the ehu, then check that all circuit breakers are in the "on" position. Press the test button on the control box, if there is power at the box the circuit breaker should open.

If that doesn't work you will need some serious help from someone far more expert than yourself.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Where abouts are you Mick ?
You have put your surname as your location ( and yessssss.. I did not notice that to start with and tried to google the town of Coleman !! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back