12v electrics partially working (1 Viewer)

cmb

Free Member
Jun 18, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hmyer 544
Exp
Hi

Just parked my Hymer up in storage early this morning and as I was locking up I noticed the electric step wasn't working at the back. Naturally I went to check the battery levels but none of the volt meters were working. Nor the fresh/waste water indicators, nor the kitchen fan, nor the kitchen light.

Strangely, the strip lights under the cupboards work on one side but not the other. Last night everything was working fine.

I checked the red isolation handle at the front and that is in the correct position. I started the engine up and let it idle but still nothing worked.

Could it be a fuse?? I'm assuming both strip lights run off the leisure battery which would suggest the battery is ok as one is working. But I wouldn't have thought all of the above devices would run through one fuse. Confused,

I had to leave straight away to get to work so didn't have any time to investigate but if anyone can suggest some possible issues I can check these out when I next go to the storage site.

Thanks!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
most control panels have a master OFF/ON switch for the 12v leisure battery, try that first in case its been knocked by accident. Then check fuses just in case, otherwise there will be a relay that cuts 12v power to the rear when the engine is running. this may be stuck open. this is seperate from the fridge relay and the charging relay, but may be in the same place dependant on convertor

For those that dont understand electrics, a relay is basically an electrically controlled switch. When power is applied to the coil side, it throws an internal switch either ON/OFF or OFF/ON, making or breaking the circuit, so its nothing complicated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back