Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
nottingham
Funster No
MH
hymer aclass
Exp
4 years
I want to connect a 12v tv to my Hymer. There are a couple of point below the lounge seat which appear to take cigerette lighter type connectors will these be 12v or 240 vaults. I can see the wires that enter them and there is no earth only red and black.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
It will be 12v dc so no need for earth. Beware though check polarity with mulimeter if you are thinking of tapping into curcuit. On my hymer blue is pos. and brown neg. Don't know about the black and red.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Truffells

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
nottingham
Funster No
MH
hymer aclass
Exp
4 years
When I plug my to into the adapters my tv doesn't work but the lights dim. However when I plug the tv into the cigarette lighter the tv works . Could the wires be the wrong way round on the adapters?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
when you say cigarette lighter I am guessing you mean in the cab area, where the other socket will probably be connected to your leisure battery

It could be that the leisure battery is flat, that would give symptoms as described. particularly if the TV is not an LED version, even if it is it will still have a big demand on the battery

On our Hymer the sockets are the smaller size, so the same plug that fits your cigarette lighter would be too big to fit in the other

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back