125 cc who's got one (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
ok I know there are loads with big macho bikes out hare who will probably comment on her how fast they can go how much BHP they have.
would be nice to know how many have smaller bikes 125 cc and below my be unusual but the big boys have meets why can us lital flea's have one to
meet victor
my bike.jpg

he's a bit of a old boy now had him 10 years now but he's been in a stored container for a few years
got him back home today
going to stick him in for a mot after a bit of TLC
bill

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I did my CBT a few years back and bought a Honda Varadero 125 with a view to passing my test and getting a bigger bike.

I didn't really take to it though. Where I live isn't very bike friendly so I sold it.

Doubt I will get another.

I had great fun at aged 16 on my Yamaha FS1E though, but that was in Pembrokeshire in the early 80's and things have changed a bit on the roads since then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use a 90cc easy rider dax.
its a chinese made bike.
had it 15yrs now ,its great works hard every winter . top speed about 50mph. 100 or so mpg.
only fault is its had three speedo cables and a set of tyres . wore the tyres out and think riding off road alot is too much for the speedo cable.
goes up mountains across the desert and through a few rather deep rivers . great machine .
hardly any rust and starts a treat.
in uk i ride a 1500cc drifter , a suzuki tu 250 and a lifan 250. chinese bikes rule i say . good products and great value.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I love the old school 2 strokes. I would still go that way if I was to get back into biking.

My favourites were
MZ Simpson. fast little bugger but unreliable. However you could strip it down at the side of the road and rebuild with the simplest toolkit I have ever seen. I learnt everything I know about carburettors from this horrible little monster.

Honda MBX80. I bought one that had been converted and tuned for track days. I literally araldited a set of indicators onto it and took it back on the road. It was fast as hell but the engine kept seizing.

My long distance bike though was a Yamaha RXS100 which I bought brand new in 88 and got me from Louth to Retford, with the occasional trip to Manchester. It also beat the TZR 125 boys in many a race. Even the ones who had messed with the power valves. I think however this may be a balls over brains situation. They had the balls but my brain was totally switched off.

The bike I used to aspire to back then was the Rd350LC. It was 2 stroke but was liquid cooled. I managed to blag a go on one and it scared/excited me in equal measure. That was a real bike..

I gave up on motorbikes back when I had the RXS100. We all drove up to Clumber park and one of the Lads who had a FZ1000 was trying to teach his lady how to ride and she kept stalling. He was starting to worry that she would wheely it and break it. I let him use my little 100 to get her going. After 10 minutes of stalling and other mishaps he threw me the keys to his 1000 and told me to keep it warm. 5 minutes later I looked down at the speedo and was doing 110mph through clumber park on a bike that I no right to be even looking at. I decided the next day that I was a stupid C*&t and that was pretty much the end of my biking career. I would go back to bikes like a shot but only once I have grown up a bit. I love em...

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Rapido 927F, A-class, LHD
Exp
Since 2000
When we got our Rapido with attached bike carrier I had to make the decision to part with my BMW R1200C cruiser like the one in the James bond film.
Now owner of a Honda anf 125 (innova) with large wheels and weighing in about 100kg will be just right for now.....how times change....still can't see James bond riding one of these.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
A BMW man for many years (R45, R100RS, K100RT, R1100RT) and many thousands of miles but got hard to justify having one when I only managed 500 miles between MOT's in my last year - so it had to go. BUT! A new MH needed a companion to go touring away from sites and after a couple of Honda 90's, I happily buzz around on my Honda anf 125 Inova at 140 mpg with a big grin on my grizzled bearded face - a grin enhanced by annual standing costs of under £100 and the bike's fabulous reliability and cheap spares! Transported on a sideways CMF trailer I am a very happy biker!

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
My 1997 honda cg125 goes in for mot next week
With the weather getting a bit warmer I am really looking forward to getting out for a few runs around the valleys

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
image.jpg
Interesting thread this. Honda's rule for reliability I always think. This is our CBF125 bought just over 3years ago to live in the garage in the back of the Burstner, £2050 pounds new from Dobles in Coulsdon ( they were doing a promotion), it's averaged 128mpg over 3000 miles (genuinely), has cost nothing except the oil for 3 services and even Sue doesn't find it intimidating and will get on the back of it. Left it covered in a field at Chicken Run in Portugal for 3 months whilst in Morocco the winter before last, came back and it fired on the button. Oh and it's just sailed through its first MOT.
It's as slow as a snail, 0 to 70 eventually, but then so am I these days so probably not such a bad thing....... But it has let us get to places we would never have reached in the Burstner or by push-bike. Wouldn't go away without it !

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Just come back from are first trip with motorhome and 125 in garage swift sundance 360g have now passed test can take wife on back.Great fun only when sunny ,not to far but gives more range when parked and free parking in town.Hope to now look for bigger bike for toy at home (better seat).
ps has anyone seen details of bike trailer french I think with two hitches and caster wheels

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Adrian1, we saw one which I assume was French as it was on the back of a French motorhome. It had a large bed to take a trike (MP3 type) and was very high off the ground. In fact it looked quite ungainly.
An English guy was trying to set up a business making them but I believe red tape finished him off. I've a feeling there was a thread on this forum about the same subject

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Thanks Merle have found a English product and placed order easy lift hydra trail (not cheap)but you cannot take with you with you,needed now as off on sat to collect a 650Transalp from Exeter.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Used to have one. Got wiped off it by a car going straight across the road against my right of way. His defence in court was that if I'd had more experience on a bike, I would have stopped. He lost. :)

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I gave my little old honda it,s first run out this year in the sunshine yesterday
40 miles, just right
MOT Wednesday so fingers crossed !

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I bought a 125 scooter three years ago for the back of the MoHo and that's what happened, I strapped it in the garage and that is where it has been for three years. The emergence of the electric bike made it redundant.

This is it..........Broken Link Removed

I'm about to fit a new battery and put it up for sale if anyone wants a bargain.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.
Went mad yesterday and put a deposit on a AJS 125 ECO. Copy of Yamaha 125. We at the moment tow a Honda CBF 600 but this is a problem on the French aires at times when not much room. Have now got to remake the home made towing bracket into the motorbike carrier. Much cutting welding and adjusting to be done over the next couple of weeks to get it right. The AJS is very light at 114Kg wet and not dry weight. Will put a few pics on at sometime if I can work out how. Cannot even get an pick of myself on so not a lot of hope.

steve & ann. ---------------- teensvan99

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well the 125 Sym had its first serious outing on the back of the van last week at Stratford
It was used every day.. To collect her newspapers, to carry the rolly polly water barrel, to get a gerry can filled with petrol for the 'Funster genny, in fact all sorts of weird and wonderful things !!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have a Honda Innova 125 which we carry on the rear of our M/H. We bought it in in 2006 and it has never let us down. (hope that doesn't bring down bad luck on us saying that).

We bought a new Pugeot Speedflight 100 cc scooter first but it broke down twice in its first year leaving us stranded on both occasions.

After the second occasion I asked a motorcycle mechanic who lives in our village what I should do to make sure we didn't get stranded again. He said, " Sell it, and buy a Honda!", so we did.

While i understand Popeye's comment re electric bikes my wife has had both knees replaced and finds she can only turn the pedals of her electric bike for so long. Up to about 20 miles round journey she is Ok, after that the motorbike is the better option.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Have now built carry rack on back of MoHo to carry our AJS 125 and it seems to be fine. Got to give it a running test later this week. Not 100% happy with bike as near side fork seal has just blown. 250 miles only from new.

steve & ann. ----------- teensvan.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
11.jpg
Like John(jaws) gave the Chinese Lexmoto its first outing at Stratford had a good ride down to Mickleton and Chipping Camden ,no probs fitted a remote starter / alarm yesterday .Plug was there already in the loom no cutting .great stuff.:)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Update on Honda ANF 125. This year so far I've done 1400 miles in the MH and 900 on the Honda - in 7 weeks. I've been to places and seen things I could never have got to in the MH - and I'm still averaging over 140 mpg as opposed to 26 mpg in the MH. No contest really! I still ride along with a silly grin on my face from sheer delight at being out in the open.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Hi.
Went mad yesterday and put a deposit on a AJS 125 ECO. Copy of Yamaha 125. We at the moment tow a Honda CBF 600 but this is a problem on the French aires at times when not much room. Have now got to remake the home made towing bracket into the motorbike carrier. Much cutting welding and adjusting to be done over the next couple of weeks to get it right. The AJS is very light at 114Kg wet and not dry weight. Will put a few pics on at sometime if I can work out how. Cannot even get an pick of myself on so not a lot of hope.

steve & ann. ---------------- teensvan99

Here you go---

At least fork seals are cheap and you'll be able to fit some proper European quality seals

10593.1367320358.JS125_09.jpg

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just cam off the thing wet patch on a corner farmer dropping a trale of s/'#t I think broken mirror and passenger foot peg and it has broken the bracket hinge wont get one of them to easily.
the worst part is I have torn my leathers :crying:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back