gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
hi every one hope one of you can help was out in motorhome last week all working find then yesterday no red light os status ariel ? no ignition at oven ?and no lights no water heater control panel but every thing elase is working fine on 12v or 240v checked all fuses that i can find ,at the charger the water heater is a truma which only runs on 12v please help thanks

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Sounds like the leisure battery or charger has died.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
battery will run most lights down to a stupid low level. check the battery voltage at rest and then with the engine running if it does not increase you have an alternator / connection/ charger problem if it does increase. that rules out the alternator. I assume you have solar power it is possible the regulator is shot and you have flattened the battery whilst stationary. What is the battery reading at rest before running the engine and what is it reading at night when there is no solar power boosting it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
battery will run most lights down to a stupid low level. check the battery voltage at rest and then with the engine running if it does not increase you have an alternator / connection/ charger problem if it does increase. that rules out the alternator. I assume you have solar power it is possible the regulator is shot and you have flattened the battery whilst stationary. What is the battery reading at rest before running the engine and what is it reading at night when there is no solar power boosting it.
altinator is charging fine both battery levels are good and dont have solar

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
IF some things are working on 12v and some not then you have either a blown fuse (search) or possibly a wire or two has become unattached at the control panel -undo CP and check they sometimes screw a few wires together and fit into panel :winky::Smile:
terry

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
IF some things are working on 12v and some not then you have either a blown fuse (search) or possibly a wire or two has become unattached at the control panel -undo CP and check they sometimes screw a few wires together and fit into panel :winky::Smile:
terry
thats what i was thing but i can find any more fuses are there any fuses in the truma heater ?or were else arethey likely to be ?

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
we had problem with water heater turned out there was a fuse in the switch whitch had blown . :winky: stan

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
If you mean the status booster box where the lead plugs in, ours broke (light went off) for some reason - I finally had to replace the box (£12.50) :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
thats what i was thing but i can find any more fuses are there any fuses in the truma heater ?or were else arethey likely to be ?

Theres a fuse on the control board on the heater,but if other things are not working I would look elsewhere -to me it is obviosly a few wires come adrift which leads me to the control panel as that is the most likely place where a few wires would be put together for a few wires to come apart ::bigsmile:Just as a added bit the Truma should be wired on it's own :thumb:::bigsmile:---Because I am so great with leccy (not) I had Paul make me a diagram of what turns what on etc :thumb: not that I know where it is squirreled away or anything ::bigsmile:Depending whats dead I know which fuse etc, anything more and I wait for Paul ::bigsmile:
terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Theres a fuse on the control board on the heater,but if other things are not working I would look elsewhere -to me it is obviosly a few wires come adrift which leads me to the control panel as that is the most likely place where a few wires would be put together for a few wires to come apart ::bigsmile:Just as a added bit the Truma should be wired on it's own :thumb:::bigsmile:---Because I am so great with leccy (not) I had Paul make me a diagram of what turns what on etc :thumb: not that I know where it is squirreled away or anything ::bigsmile:Depending whats dead I know which fuse etc, anything more and I wait for Paul ::bigsmile:
terry
the only things that are dead is the ignition forthe cooker the heater including the control panel for itantthe status areil

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
the only things that are dead is the ignition forthe cooker the heater including the control panel for itantthe status areil

Well short of a rewire you need to follow the wires back :Smile:If all 3 things are out then it suggests to me as already said the back of the control panel -the heater should be on its own but chances are whoever wired the van coupled the ignition for cooker and status ariel to it :winky:
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if your lunar motorhome is wired the same as mine, there is a second fusebox hidden in the floor compartment behind the cab seats.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
behind the seats, there is a panel in the floor about 4ft by 6in. look for a join in the carpet. ours has a piece of string to pull on and it hinges forward. the fusebox is on the drivers side on mine. it supplies the fridge and some other things but cant remember what. its a useful hidden compartment and although only a few inches deep can conceal many items from the opportunist thief

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Maybe behind the passenger seat, tall bo with little flap/lid that opens. Check under drivers seat as well.

If you really cannot find it, then go to the control panel and test for power on the inbound supply to the relative switch - usually marked, or easily traceable from position. If there is no power on this, then it will be another fusebo further up - if there is power, it will be within the fusebo or faulty switch.

I would guess it being a fuse before the control panel, as usually the power for the oven and water heater/aerial all come off auilary supply on the control panel.

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
behind the seats, there is a panel in the floor about 4ft by 6in. look for a join in the carpet. ours has a piece of string to pull on and it hinges forward. the fusebox is on the drivers side on mine. it supplies the fridge and some other things but cant remember what. its a useful hidden compartment and although only a few inches deep can conceal many items from the opportunist thief
thanks will have a look at that wehave alunar a601

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
try googling lunar champ fusebox and it comes up with a few places ie behind driver/pass seat also under bench seat and below fridge in a compartment that fridge has to come out to get at :Eeek::Smile: seems like belgum makers stick them anywhere
terry

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
12 volt problem

hi. I had a similar problem, checked all the fuses all seemed ok. scratched head for a while . when I say checked fuses, it was only a visual check. then did a continuity check with a meter on every fuse,and sure enough one had gone,.. cant always spot a dead fuse just by looking. might be worth a check..::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
gromit

gromit

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
hi. I had a similar problem, checked all the fuses all seemed ok. scratched head for a while . when I say checked fuses, it was only a visual check. then did a continuity check with a meter on every fuse,and sure enough one had gone,.. cant always spot a dead fuse just by looking. might be worth a check..::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
well you wont belive this just been down tomotorhome and now everything is working ??????? so idont no is there any timed trip switches ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back