10% Funster discount, campsite in The Lot, France. (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It’ll be a lovely time to visit the site next week now the riffraff have left......:LOL::ROFLMAO:

;):)

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
That’s enough......we’re offo_O

Lovely place, and I wouldn’t dissuade anyone from visiting, but it’s just not for us. Way too isolated for a long term prospect. It’s a 40 km round trip to go to the closest supermarket, and there’s nothing around the site to walk or even cycle to, I think we are townies not countryfolk:LOL: one bar is simply not enough:p

For those guests that are here, they love it, love the quiet and the surroundings etc but those that know us will know where I’m coming from;)

So, gave notice yesterday that we’ll be off next week, I think summer on the Algarve sounds good (y):cool:

Hi Sharon - forget the Algarve - spread your wings - there’s a bigger Europe out here :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
OMG you have left already you are worse than me and lynne lol .

I will stock up on the barcardi for the next time we meet lol may see you in Portugal heading for Germany soon

Paul

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
That’s a shame, I can imagine how bored you’d be in that situation. We are to far north now I think to meet up which is a shame but I guess our livers will be relieved ;)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Hi Sharon - forget the Algarve - spread your wings - there’s a bigger Europe out here :)

I know, but still a route I haven’t done is northern Spain and the Portuguese coast so that’s the plan, as long as it takes. And the Algarve is great for cheap Aires throughout the expensive summer months, right on the beaches (such as Alvor) be good to see these place ‘ in season’ instead of the normal winter snowbird season. Then have a meet up back home in Torre del Mar in September so it suits this year, but Croatia and Greece are Very much in future plans!

CC3050F7-1007-4D77-ACF5-B27D2A4108CD.png

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I know, but still a route I haven’t done is northern Spain and the Portuguese coast so that’s the plan, as long as it takes. And the Algarve is great for cheap Aires throughout the expensive summer months, right on the beaches (such as Alvor) be good to see these place ‘ in season’ instead of the normal winter snowbird season. Then have a meet up back home in Torre del Mar in September so it suits this year, but Croatia and Greece are Very much in future plans!

View attachment 232603
Will meet up with you somewhere along your route Dave.
Trev.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We will be crossing that route sometime between now and mid June for the ferry home.

Don't forget to visit the Picos mountains.

Fuentes de and Cabarceno are two places worth visiting.

The roads might be a little challenging in your van though.

Would like to meet for a drink again sometime.

Best wishes and safe travelling to you all

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.

View attachment 232603

Yep - that’s a good plan the West coast is great! and will be good to hear what you say about the Algarve in season!

You’ll love time in Greece and the islands - same for Croatia and its islands :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yep - but we will miss out on the Swingers stories eh! from the French campsite :)
That's probably the real reason they've left ... they can't keep up with the rest of them! :ROFLMAO:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Haven’t actually left yet.........feeling guilty! Reckon by the end of the week....ish.
No need to feel guilty once I handed Lynne's notice in for her on a campsite we were worked on but I forgot to tell lynne lol

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
@BreweryDave Dave sorry it didn't work out, I did think it might be a tad quite for you both. how was THE wedding,we had one over here too but nothing special, just some body called prince? and an American girl.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry to hear didn't work out, sounded ideal apart from the lack of civilization. I suppose it's back to the cultural blogging:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back