Rally 10 Days at Stratford 2017 (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
Booked filled in form arriving thursday 15th leaving thursday 22nd still got 10% off with code.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I see there is an "attendees" tab for this thread, but only 30 people 31 now I have found it have used it;)

Click on "attendees" at the top left above the page numbers and then go to "attending" and then just RSVP and you will be added, once you have RSVP'd and been add you have further options if you needed to remove your name.

Not sure how important it is but its there so might as well use it.

Martin

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
I see there is an "attendees" tab for this thread, but only 30 people 31 now I have found it have used it;)

Click on "attendees" at the top left above the page numbers and then go to "attending" and then just RSVP and you will be added, once you have RSVP'd and been add you have further options if you needed to remove your name.

Not sure how important it is but its there so might as well use it.

Martin

done now thanks

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I can't work out how to add myself as an attendee on there, just tried
Did the same myself a few days ago but not added, I had to wait for a pop up and then click attending after clicking RSVP.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can't wait

Neil Diamond
Butterfly farm
Walks by the river
Sitting by the river/sidewalk having coffee or lunch
Window shopping
The cake shop that sells the biggest creamiest cakes off for 50p or £1 at the end of the day
(Lady day racing for those that do horse racing .. I disappear that day :()
Friends
Maybe the Indian restaurant again ??????

My favourite meet of the year ..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Can't wait

Neil Diamond
Butterfly farm
Walks by the river
Sitting by the river/sidewalk having coffee or lunch
Window shopping
The cake shop that sells the biggest creamiest cakes off for 50p or £1 at the end of the day
(Lady day racing for those that do horse racing .. I disappear that day :()
Friends
Maybe the Indian restaurant again ??????

My favourite meet of the year ..

Don't forget the Baguette barge !!!!!
And the old women knitting club in Weather spoons.. :)

Ref cakes
I have an urge for a Lardy cake ... No one in the Midlands seem to stock them, apparently it's a southern thing.. So if any one has a local bakery and some right good Lardy cakes ;).

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
We're wondering whether this could be our first Fun Rally. I haven't got to work on Friday 16th, so we could arrive on the Thursday evening. However, appreciating that marshals may wish to have a life, what is the latest we would be welcome? I reckon it would be tight to get there by 9pm, so staying elsewhere on Thursday or even leaving home early on Friday might be more sensible.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Tony

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Tony, we are usually on duty until 9pm.
After that time it becomes too dark to park
vehicles safely. If you do arrive late we could
park you in a temporary location until the morning.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi,
We're wondering whether this could be our first Fun Rally. I haven't got to work on Friday 16th, so we could arrive on the Thursday evening. However, appreciating that marshals may wish to have a life, what is the latest we would be welcome? I reckon it would be tight to get there by 9pm, so staying elsewhere on Thursday or even leaving home early on Friday might be more sensible.
Tony
Hi Tony & ?.

Sometimes the security will let you onto the Racecourse grounds, if you are able to produce your printed booking confirmation. However, you may have to wait until daylight, before coming down on to the FUN camping area.

Alternatively, you can overnight at the Stratford Leisure Centre, Coach, Car, & Truck parking area, in the far right hand corner of the car park. It is quiet, safe, and on hard standing. There is a small parking fee, payable at the machine, and there is every chance, you won't be the only MH parked up there overnight. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi,
Tony

Hi I think @Brisey is Rally Marshall not sure what is the latest to arrive I'm sure Brian will get to you, but as long as you can get in the main gate can't see a problem should be quite a few funsters there then.

Just answered @movan posted and realised @Brisey has answered. :D I'll blame my bee stings Brian for not reading all the posts. x

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks to one and all. Quite understand about the cut off time. When I've marshalled camping rallies in the past, the last thing you wanted was someone turning up in the dark!

Taking that on board, we'll just book from Friday, I think. Looking on Google earth, I can see motorhomes parked in that car park, @JockandRita, so that might work out well. Funnily enough, I'd looked on searchforsites yesterday but not quite extended the search to include Stratford itself, so had missed that one.

I'll post again when we've booked. We look forward to meeting one or two of you.

Tony (& Kirsty!)

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
All done. I'm afraid we can only stay the two nights Friday 16th/Saturday 17th but it's a start. By the way, the discount code is still working. Put Motorhome Fun in the comments box on the order form, so I hope we won't get shuffled off elsewhere!

We're looking to arrive early on Friday and just hoping the weather then isn't like it was here yesterday.

Tony

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
That work thing has got in the way so we will now have to opt out of our planned 10 day visit :(

Unsure if others can use our ticket, if so do send me a message

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
That work thing has got in the way so we will now have to opt out of our planned 10 day visit :(

Unsure if others can use our ticket, if so do send me a message

WORK.......

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep paying that tax mate so I can have my pension in 8 years (y) ;)

You'll be missed (I think) :)

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
For Sale
4 x Conti Vango Tyres 225 x 75 x 16 only done 150 miles £350
2 x 16" Transit Steel rims £20 each
1 x 16" Fiat steel rim £20

I will bring them to Stratford , if any one wants them but will not bring them otherwise .

07966 507179

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Work has got int he way for me too. I will need to leave on Tuesday. I would like to see the racing if possible but would need to leave by 4pm. Does anyone know if I can move the van out of the campsite in the middle in the morning and park in the day parking?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Work has got int he way for me too. I will need to leave on Tuesday. I would like to see the racing if possible but would need to leave by 4pm. Does anyone know if I can move the van out of the campsite in the middle in the morning and park in the day parking?

I will check this out with the event organisers and let you know.
Brisey.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Sure Brisey will find out for you but worst case, leave on the prior evening and go to the Leisure centre car park in town where you can stay for a small cost.
Return on Tuesday and go in free day parking.
If it's like last year, all you need is your wristband to get into the racing (y)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Booked and paid ..see you monday middle day

John n Kath x
I think you will be getting an email shortly like @Sheddy and ourselves to say that the latest you can arrive is Saturday 17th. We had booked 19th until the final thursday. Apparently there won't be any marshalls to let people in after the 17th and they will be busy preparing for the raceday on the tuesday.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Be great to see you again....
Are we playing "strip poker" in your van again like in Morocco ??? ;)

:rofl:
As long as there is not any sandstorms ..windows are staying firmly shut lolol

Good to see you both too again

Ps I don't see your name on the attendees list?

Last edited:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I think you will be getting an email shortly like @Sheddy and ourselves to say that the latest you can arrive is Saturday 17th. We had booked 19th until the final thursday. Apparently there won't be any marshalls to let people in after the 17th and they will be busy preparing for the raceday on the tuesday.

Thanx for info Carolyn but we will be arriving this Monday the 12 th June

Kath x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back