10 day isolation (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Our 8 year old granddaughter has been isolating for the last 10 days since a pupil at her school was covid positive.
Today, day 11, what would have been her first day back at school, she has been tested positive and must isolate for 10 days.
For a long time it was 14 days but was changed to 10.
I think Willow proves the point... 10 days is not long enoufh

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Our 8 year old granddaughter has been isolating for the last 10 days since a pupil at her school was covid positive.
Today, day 11, what would have been her first day back at school, she has been tested positive and must isolate for 10 days.
Presumably she will still be positive at 14 days so if so 14 isn't long enough :unsure:

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years

It is based on loads of different factors. One of the main ones being the last 4 days, the chance of you being infected were very very low but the compliance with the requirement was also very low.

Hopefully in the New Year they will roll out the quick tests, if the test is negative, no need to isolate.

The problem is, she may not have caught it from the school friend. We have had loads of people test positive in the screening tests at work with no symptoms and they tend to be the super spreaders.

Hope she is fine and well, I am thankful every day this pandemic hasn’t affected Children.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Such a worry for you🙁
Hope everything turns out well for you all.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Hopefully in the New Year they will roll out the quick tests, if the test is negative, no need to isolate.
Looking at the test results on asymptomatic people, why not just use the numismatic test? It has 50% accuracy, not much worse than the 48% accuracy of the rapid lateral flow test. I'm sure some enterprising old etonian chum can be found to supply Reuleaux heptagon test kits for £5 a go.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Luckily her only symptom is a slight temperature.
The most likely place she caught it is school.... She is the 3rd tested Pos in recent weeks.
They should never have sent kids back and continued with home based Internet lessons.
I'm trying to get my head round this ... if she wasn't showing any symptoms then the likelihood would have been that she hadn't got it but she has a temperature so there was a clue hence the 10 days was long enough to show if she had or didn't have it, so what's the problem? Was the test planned for anyway or was it as a result of her having a temperature?

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm trying to get my head round this ... if she wasn't showing any symptoms then the likelihood would have been that she hadn't got it but she has a temperature so there was a clue hence the 10 days was long enough to show if she had or didn't have it, so what's the problem? Was the test planned for anyway or was it as a result of her having a temperature?
My point is the school has had 3 cases since schools returned. In each instance 14 day isolation..... Its now 10 days isolation but she MAY still have it on day 12 or 14 but returned to school after just 10 days as recommended. .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My point is the school has had 3 cases since schools returned. In each instance 14 day isolation..... Its now 10 days isolation but she MAY still have it on day 12 or 14 but returned to school after just 10 days as recommended. .
Well as she has a temperature then returning her to school should not have been permitted which I assume is what happened ... the longer the period the less likely she would have had it so maybe the 10 days is sufficient time for any symptoms to be known. How do you know that 14 days was needed? Why not 18?

Now that more is known about the virus reducing the period to 10 days may be all that is needed for the vast majority of cases to be detected - the only sure way to detect ALL cases is isolate everyone for the required amount of time and to test everyone but we don't live in China so keeping us all 'prisoner' wouldn't work.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
They should never have sent kids back and continued with home based Internet lessons.
do agree with you pappajohn unfortunately some schools provided next to no lessons during lockdown, and that for pupils in their final year. It can be done for pupils in the outback in Australia why not here.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
do agree with you pappajohn unfortunately some schools provided next to no lessons during lockdown, and that for pupils in their final year. It can be done for pupils in the outback in Australia why not here.
Not much help closing just schools,,our supermarkets are full of kids..Would be the last place i would take children..I only go because of need to eat..People dont SD,,wash their hands and a few dont wear masks,,BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not much help closing just schools,,our supermarkets are full of kids..Would be the last place i would take children..I only go because of need to eat..People dont SD,,wash their hands and a few dont wear masks,,BUSBY.
Exactly .No point in them not attending school unless they are required not to leave the house either.Should have been the same with the furlough & self employed. Paid to stay at home not go out on jollies.

Hope Willow doesn't become badly affected.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Wait until the studes stop studeing, (Mark n Lard). The virus will go viral.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Agree but we won't be adding to it. We've told our kids we're staying on our own no matter what others do!
As are we.
We were going to Willows house but that's out even though she's out of isolation a few days earlier.
For all we know her parents could have it without symptoms or pre-symptomatic.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Agree but we won't be adding to it. We've told our kids we're staying on our own no matter what others do!
Same here,,not seen kids or grandkids since March and won't undo the hard work now..BUSBY.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Have decided it's not worth the risk no matter what our neighbours decide! One is a TA who we know has been in contact with a + ve case but has been told no need to isolate. She's not happy about it but has no choice but to continue going into work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back