1 month trial U.K. (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Ok, looking for best deal and not that savvy with WiFi in the Motorhome, I’ve got a mifi4g antennae on the roof and router but I’ve never put a data sim in since we got it, as we don’t really stream films etc and my phone has always been adequate for browsing.
Anyway I’m away in Hexham Northumberland w ending the 6th Oct for a medical procedure, we’re taking the van and stopping at the racecourse that weekend, Glastonbury tickets go up for sale and I need the best possible signal to attempt to get tickets, I’ll have two phones and my laptop on the go, any tips on providers or how to increase speed etc, thanks in advance I need the best possible chance to get the elusive tickets?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I’ve got 8 gb data, not on contract payg with ASDA, so would that mean I wouldn’t need to buy data sim for the mifi? Not very clever when it comes to this sort of stuff, I used my phone to hot spot the laptop in Scotland, I take it’s just the same, I need the fastest connection possible as have to keep pressing refresh every second until it gets on the ticket site

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I hope that’s not the outcome???

V funny though because that’s exactly what it’s like??

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
GiffGaff simm - free
Setup online and insert to Mifi.
Choose howany GB of data you want and pay online (max £25 is unltd, £20 gets you 40GB, £10 8GB etc....)
Don't tick the auto top-up button (unless you want to). You then have that data for 30 days and no other costs until you want more data - login to account and buy another pack.
(You then log on to the Mifi with your phone or laptop and treat it like a WiFi hotspot in a cafe).

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Addie we’ve installed a GiffGaff sim with plenty of data remaining, and the huawei routers showing as having 4 G, I need to connect 2 I phones and a laptop but we can’t connect any, althoughall are recognising it, I’ve tried switching off/on, all lights appear ok on router and is showing 4g, but still not connecting. On the huawei website it asks for user name and password which should be admin and admin, but these are not working. What are we doing wrong? We’re in Hexham and the connection for o2 is supposed to be ok.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Not sure what time of day tickets go on line, but what about a friendly local landlord with fixed line WiFi?
Just limit yourself to halves?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Now it’s connecting but throwing up not a private network when I try to go to a website,
B4D79AE3-985A-483F-B03F-2BE820FE93F7.png

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I had to get my Huawei / EE device unlocked (mine looks like a cig lighter) not sure about true Mifi devices?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Getting this on the computer
image.jpg

No mine is like a proper router, just keeps asking for login and password, not sure where to find these, unless like you say it needs unlocked, how do I know?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Silly question, have you activated the new SIM?

If so, do you have an unlocked mobile device (e.g. phone, tablet not tied to a network service provider) in which you can install the new SIM to test connectivity?

If that works, you know the SIM is ok and you can then target the router thereafter.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Yes Sim activated, the router is definitely registering as 4g by the colour of the lights, it seems when I connect phone it’s showing full WiFi but when I try and go to a website is says insecure network as per first pic, can’t connect computer because it’s asking for password and username, all the websites are saying it should just be admin and admin but just keeps telling me incorrect, bloody tech infuriates me?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Update: reset the router so managed to update all the details with new passwords but still won’t connect to the computer or phone I feel as if I’m 99% there just missing something

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello,

Can I ask anyone who has difficulties in using equipment supplied by us to contact us directly via www.motorhomewifi.com/support for a fast response.

If you have a system from us purchased in the last 6 months the solution will be in your instructions, but is also on GiffGaff's own site. Because GiffGaff does not have its own network, you will need to manually set the APN under profile management in the web interface or under Network in the Huawei HiLink app.

Please contact us directly for any further support.

Hope that helps.

Adam

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
, I need the fastest connection possible as have to keep pressing refresh every second until it gets on the ticket site
Once you know you are connected about a minute or so before the ticket sales open take a note of the time on your device and connect to the ticket sale site,you won’t connect to buy but the connect time say 20seconds should be noted ,you may try this again to make sure connect time is 20seconds, therefore, connect to the site exactly 20seconds before it officially opens and you should immediately connect.
This is how it works and how you get through at the outset.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back