Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
The BE meet in 8 days to sett interest rates which are forcast to be cut, if this doesn't happen we could see another rise in sterling v euro rate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Impressed. My mate has a revolut card and says he doesn't pay any charges, or hidden extras. Is that true been tempted to get one if it is.
That's true so long as you pay using the card. There are charges for withdrawing more than a certain amount of cash each week.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Impressed. My mate has a revolut card and says he doesn't pay any charges, or hidden extras. Is that true been tempted to get one if it is.
Thats correct unless you want to make some big transfers/exchanges then you can upgrade at a cost.

Martin

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
You can withdraw £200 of foreign currency per calendar month or 30 days ( I’m never quite sure) fee free with the standard Revolut.
We have one each, plus Monzo which has the same limit. I also have Starling which is unlimited cash withdrawals for now as we still go to some places that do like cash and I just can’t help myself when Martinlewis recommends a new card. Also the naughty Russians own Revolut so I feel a bit bad.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Revolut is great until they limit or freeze your account. Then you discover possibly the worst customer service anywhere.
I have done work for a well established HK based company for 10 years plus. They trade with the world in USD, as many companies in that region do. Well I thought it would be a good idea to get my USD invoices paid direct into my revolut account, saving the hsbc automatic conversion to sterling, at their rate. Revolut couldn’t get that, limited my (and my wife’s) cards, and asked for info, invoices etc. Did all that and nothing. No phone number to call (that is answered), no email, just a message system with robots with names trotting out system messages. Two months later they closed both our accounts and said they sent the money back to HK. That was over a week ago. It has not arrived yet. I am preparing a case for the ombudsman.
Be warned. There is no £85k guarantee with revolute ad they don’t have a UK license.

edited for my rubbish spelling!

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I have just set an automatic exchange for 1.19 wish me luck,

Martin
I’ve set the Thai baht to 40 and it’s not quite there yet, then I transfer to Thai bank at a cost of 200 baht = £5.
I love Revolut

Reactions: JJ
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I must admit I do like Revolut as you can monitor the exchange rates and convert when it’s good whereas the others hold your money in Sterling and convert it at the interbank rate of the day. I know it’s not a lot if you only holiday for a couple of weeks but if you’re away for months at a time it adds up and the rates always worse at weekends, another reason for a bit of cash. I just feel guilty about the damn Russians.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Yes, I liked revolut for the same reasons. It was probably an error to transfer USD in from Hong Kong, which brought about them assuming I was money laundering,! But they are clearly growing at a rate beyond their ability to sort issues out. Even when provided with evidence as requested.
Starling bank now offer an add on Euro account that you can preload and use the existing card. Thats what I now have.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have just opened a Revolut account. I do agree a very poor customer relations aspect is you are unable to call anybody in an emergency and can only talk to them through the online app chat. A Question. Is it possible to get a second card linked to the same account with a different pin number (back up) and if so how does one get one. I will be using Caxton for cash withdrawals and Revolut for all other transactions.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I don't know about a second card. But my wife applied and had her own card and they suspended that a day or so after mine. So a second card would be the same I suspect.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Is Revolut good for withdrawing euros abroad, cost wise?

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I’m wondering whether Revolut will be able to remove their limit/charges for withdrawals in the EU/EEA, as Monzo have done.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
When using Revolut do they transfer money from your account automatically onto the card or do you have to go to your online banking and transfer the money to the card that way

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back